Indoor Stations

BuckBrooke

Greetings, all.

I would like to host a website that would add some flavor to our community here, but don't have a lot of bandwidth on my University account.

As such, I've decided to create a page listing all of the indoor PIDs, and possibly other indoor benchmarks. I know there's been a conversation before, where people have posted ones they've run across. I would like to have a page, perhaps with links and photos. Thoughts? Would ya'll be willing to email those that you've run across to me?

To ask the embarrasing question, have I missed someone's page where this sort of thing is elaborated?

Edited by BuckBrooke

WHOA !!!!! Am I missing something here?

seventhings says ArtMan found HV3945. On that log page ArtMan also says he found it.

But then the log goes on to say that he never actually saw the mark nor verified that any mark was there.

Are there some new rules to the game that I am not aware of, that allows you to claim a disk that was not seen?

Edited by Spoo

seventhings says ArtMan found HV3945. On that log page ArtMan also says he found it.

But then the log goes on to say that he never actually saw the mark nor verified that any mark was there.

Are there some new rules to the game that I am not aware of, that allows you to claim a disk that was not seen?

Perhaps they used their "psychic abilities" :unsure: to help verify the disk. :mad:

John

I haven't visited NZ1107 yet but it contains this line that I got a chuckle from:

"...SET FLUSH IN THE CONCRETE FLOOR OF THE MENS TOILET ROOM ON THE SOUTH SIDE OF THE TOILET."

:unsure:

This one is not only inside, but probably the only gender specific mark in the database. I occasionally get to Medford, Oregon, and when I showed my wife the data about this mark, she politely told me that I was on my own to look for it. (She then gave me with the 'You're a Dork but I love you anyway' look.)

- Kewaneh

But then the log goes on to say that he never actually saw the mark ....

Perhaps they used their "psychic abilities" :mad: to help verify the disk. :unsure:

John

My bad. That should have been coded as a NOTE, and it now is. Thanks for noticing, Spoo. Rules haven't changed, and Murphy's Law remains one of them.

-ArtMan-

Well they are not in the GC database but do

DF5501

DF5502

DF5503

and DF5504 qualify?

I don't think that a GPSr is going to do much good on these.

They are all inside the Eisenhower tunnels on I-70.

edit sloppy typing

Edited by McMurdo1

Ok. I've now created an Indoor Benchmarks webpage. It includes stations that people have reported in this forum, emailed me, or that I've found. There are 71 stations in total. My criterion for including stations is anything that has a roof/dirt/stuff over it. It includes stations inside buildings but not on their front steps. Stations in tunnels, dams and other earthworks are included. The underground mark of a normal aboveground station is not included.

Here's an interesting one in Portland, Oregon, that 10 Geocachers have logged incorrectly:

RD3067 PITTOCK

The 2004 log describes it as:

RD3067 STATION RECOVERY (2004)

RD3067

RD3067'RECOVERY NOTE BY US POWER SQUADRON 2004 (RHC)

RD3067'RECOVERY WAS MADE BY THE WORD OF THE OWNER, THE MONUMENTS ARE NOW ON

RD3067'PRIVATE PROPERTY AND HAVE BEEN UTILITIZED INTO THE DESIGN OF THE

RD3067'HOUSE. THE MARK 'PITTOCK' IS LOCATED IN THE FLOOR OF THE FOYER OF THE

RD3067'FRONT DOOR, AND THE TWO REFERENCE MARKS ARE LOCATED IN THE FLOOR OF

RD3067'TWO TURRETS THAT ARE PART OF THE MAIN FLOOR PLAN OF THE HOUSE. THE

RD3067'ADDRESS OF THE HOUSE IS 3039 NW MONTE VISTA TERRACE, PORTLAND, OR.

Edited by BuckBrooke