Organization For The Elimination

Joypa

AArgh! I'm sick of this word. I advocate creativity in the use of insulting language. You are encouraged to come up with your own new and fresh way of putting down other people's efforts. I know that if we try we can rid the world of the ugly scourge of the word (dare I utter it) "lame". Come on. Join me in this worthy cause.

Well, sure they can. I mean, that's the whole point, isn't it. If some one says something is lame, they can say it in any thread. My movement is meant to stamp it out. And, just for you, I will explain that I am being facetious. No one is going to listen to this old dodder.

Various synonyms for lame from Thesaurus.com

Main Entry: lame

Part of Speech: adjective 2

Definition: weak

Synonyms: faltering, faulty, feeble, flabby, flimsy, inadequate, ineffective, inefficient, insufficient, poor, thin, unconvincing, unpersuasive, unpleasing, unsatisfactory, unsuitable

Definition: unoriginal

Synonyms: bourgeois, commonplace, conforming, conservative, demure, doctrinal, dogmatic, drippy, hackneyed, hidebound, humdrum, illiberal, inflexible, insular, isolationist, lame, literal, moderate, moral, narrow, narrow-minded, not heretical, obstinate, parochial, pedestrian, prosaic, puritanical, rigid, routine, rube, run-of-the-mill, sober, solemn, square, stereotyped, straight, straight-laced, strict, stuffy, uptight

Definition: distorted

Synonyms: askew, awry, bent, blemished, bowed, buckled, contorted, cramped, crippled, crooked, curved, damaged, disfigured, disjointed, dwarfed, gnarled, grotesque, humpbacked, hunch-backed, ill-made, irregular, knotted, lame, maimed, malformed, mangled, marred, misbegotten, misconceived, misproportioned, misshapen, twisted, ugly, unnatural, unseemly, warped, writhing

Synonyms: faltering, faulty, feeble, flabby, flimsy, inadequate, ineffective, inefficient, insufficient, poor, thin, unconvincing, unpersuasive, unpleasing, unsatisfactory, unsuitable

Synonyms: bourgeois, commonplace, conforming, conservative, demure, doctrinal, dogmatic, drippy, hackneyed, hidebound, humdrum, illiberal, inflexible, insular, isolationist, lame, literal, moderate, moral, narrow, narrow-minded, not heretical, obstinate, parochial, pedestrian, prosaic, puritanical, rigid, routine, rube, run-of-the-mill, sober, solemn, square, stereotyped, straight, straight-laced, strict, stuffy, uptight

Synonyms: askew, awry, bent, blemished, bowed, buckled, contorted, cramped, crippled, crooked, curved, damaged, disfigured, disjointed, dwarfed, gnarled, grotesque, humpbacked, hunch-backed, ill-made, irregular, knotted, lame, maimed, malformed, mangled, marred, misbegotten, misconceived, misproportioned, misshapen, twisted, ugly, unnatural, unseemly, warped, writhing

Ah, excellent. That was a misbegotten, ill-conceived and unpleasing cache you had there!

gimp was on that list when I went to the site.

I still like the word gimp...

"That cache is so gimp!"

"That stupid gimpy TeamK-9 hid that gimp cache right next to my house, and he refuseds to submit it to the site!"

YES! Finally! A kindred spirit willing to brave the slings and arrows of contentious cachers in his quest to eradicate the use of "lame" from our language!

KUDOS to you good sir, kudos I say!

In an effort to match the courage and conviction you have thus far displayed in this thread, I heartily embrace the most worthy concept that we found an organization with the sole aim of removing "lame" from our insulting and aggressive speech!

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, I GIVE YOU...

LINGUISTS AGAINST MEDIOCRE ENGLISH!

:D

Edited by Team Panda

Eliminating the word itself is the easy way out. If you want to eliminate "lame" from the vernacular how about advocating folks putting a bit of thought into hiding the cache in the first place.

Otherwise, lame is lame no matter what you call it.

Of course, we could call it "trache" as someone suggested to me a while back.

All of these post are very inconsiderate :D of the feelings of the cachers and caches they have put out. The terms "lame, gimp, hunchback, humpy", and any other descriptive term used as a label is just plain wrong. :D:D

From now on please use the terms "caches/cachers with a difference." :P

After all they are caches and cachers foremost. :P

I still like the word gimp...

"That cache is so gimp!"

"That stupid gimpy TeamK-9 hid that gimp cache right next to my house, and he refuseds to submit it to the site!"

Hey now :D as a temporary gimp I take offense to this one! Feeble or spavined is better!