Logging Stf

What would be the proper way to log a cache that someone else was at right before you, they are first to find, but can't log it for about a week.

Here's the deal. Went to find a cache that hadn't been found yet and it was logged in the book by another cacher. There log showed they were real enthusiastic about being FTF. They are traveling through the area and wrote in the log that they would not be able to log the find on the website until next week. I felt like I should let them log the FTF ahead of my log on the website so as it is in the right order.

For now I posted a note so others know it has been found and figured I would delete the note and post a found log after FTF has been logged.

The reason for not waiting to log later is it is 4th of July weekend this is a very touristy (is that a word?) area. We dropped a WJTB in the cache, and wanted it logged before the weekend started.

How would others handle this?

I've seen this happen. In my area, theres a frequent FTFer, and he has beaten me to a couple caches, both by minutes, and I logged before him (one a find, one a DNF) and oh well. Like they said, the cacher will claim FTF, and who cares if the log at the very bottom is not the FTF. The FTF still counts the same.. as a bragging point ( :D ), and personal satisfaction, nothing more.

Edited by Marcie/Eric

I've had it happen to me, be out and grab a FTF early in the morning, and not get home to log until late at night. The STF beat me home and logged it first. It's really no big deal. There's no braggin rights (that I know of, at least) for "first to log". Just mention that you were second to find in your log, if you feel the need.