Blinkers

I have seen several blinker caches lately. Blinker caches for those who have not seen them are very small. They are approximately 1/2" in diameter by 1/2" tall. They are water proof and made of metal of some sort.

I am not particullary fond of these, but I need one for a cache I am setting up, where size does count.

Can someone help me locate one or tell me how to make one. Where do I get the parts, etc.?

I have seen several blinker caches lately. Blinker caches for those who have not seen them are very small. They are approximately 1/2" in diameter by 1/2" tall. They are water proof and made of metal of some sort.

I am not particullary fond of these, but I need one for a cache I am setting up, where size does count.

Can someone help me locate one or tell me how to make one. Where do I get the parts, etc.?

Please don't post the same message in multiple forums.

(ChileHead @ Jun 30 2005, 06:48 PM)

How about these ... can't be beat for $1 each:

http://www.imsplus.com/ims18.html

(look towards the bottom of the page) 

yes very nice - I bought several of both -

I have found the SOS UTILITY CAPSULE.

but that's a little steep for a cache container

these are the real blinkers - $8 a dozen - pain 'em black and go for it.

http://www.orientaltrading.com/otcweb/appl...l&N=0&x=10&y=12

cc\

Edited by CompuCash

Be sure to make the log sheet small enough so that even after wear, they can still be rolled up/folded inside those things.

I'm waiting for the novelty to wear off before I place one of these in plain sight, so I'll be more level-headed about it. (These should not be hidden out of sight, for obvious reasons)

This is kind of funny as I ordered a bunch of those tiny metal pill containers, about 40 of them actually.

When I got them and saw how small they were I said to myself "Self, you will never place one of these in the field as a cache". So what on earth am I going to do with 40 tiny little waterproof containers?

Ultimatlely I decided they would be a swag item. That way other people can grab them and use them for caches.

As for me I use pocket queries and filter out micros so I will never see them.

Am I evil? Yes, I am.

Don't know about the ones from Oriental Trading, but the Wally World ones are not waterproof. The have a slot in the bottom to allow a paper tab to keep the batteries from making contact until you pull it.

Could be fixed with some glue or something, but I'd rather pay a little more and not have the hassle.

The best way to get one is to ask Joani. :)

--Marky

I'm happy to announce that this fad of swallowable-sized caches has not reached Boston.

Shh! don't give anyone ideas!

Hmm. A hollowed out altoid hidden amongst a full tin of altoids? The finder will have to break open (or chew) each one to find the log.

Call it "Bite My Cache"?

Edited by the hermit crabs