How Do I Use Gpx Spinner?

cajunrose

I have been messing with it for over an hour now and I don't understand what I'm supposed to do to be able to download waypoints through it. When I open Spinner, it just gives me a black box and then it closes. I am trying to find info on the website and am not seeing what they are talking about. When I try to download a pocket query, it gives it to me in a .LOC file and from what I see, it needs to be a GPX file.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

Stephenie

Are you getting Pocket Queries via email from the Pocket Query page, or clicking the boxes on the search results page and pressing the DOWNLOAD button? To get GPX files, you have to have them emailed to you...you only download LOC files.

Then drag and drop the GPX file onto the GPXSinner icon...it runs automatically from there.

Edited by Stunod

I ran the pocket query and set it to run on Thursday. Is that how I do it? I did put in my email address. I hit "run query". It goes to nearly the same looking page and says this: "Thanks! Your query has been generated. You can run the search on the nearest cache page."

I get no email.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks!!!

I ran the pocket query and set it to run on Thursday.  Is that how I do it?  I did put in my email address.  I hit "run query". It goes to nearly the same looking page and says this: "Thanks! Your query has been generated. You can run the search on the nearest cache page."

I get no email.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks!!!

Check back to your PQ list and see when the "LAST RUN" date/time is. If it says it has recently run, but you did not get an email, try using another email address as your ISP might be filtering the mail as spam.

Edited by Stunod

Ok, great! Got them loaded into my GPS. Last question, I think..rofl

How do I change (before I download to my gps) the symbols? I got everythign from hunting area to hospital signs marked as the caches! Is there a way to change this before it loads?

Thanks tons!

Stephenie

Ok, great! Got them loaded into my GPS. Last question, I think..rofl

How do I change (before I download to my gps) the symbols? I got everythign from hunting area to hospital signs marked as the caches! Is there a way to change this before it loads?

Thanks tons!

Stephenie

Open the file called GPX SPINNER.INI with a text editor...read the instructions on the lines that start with #

I think you can change the symbols using GSAK, also. Incidently, GSAK will give you html output that is similar to GPX Spinners output.

Returning to your initial question, when you setup your PQ, request the data to be sent as a gpx file, instead of LOC.

To make Spinner work, just drop the gpx file onto the Spinner icon.

CYBret has a good tutorial here.

You can also do great stuff with the names. for instance I get rid of the GC in the front of every waypoint and put a modifier on the end. I also have a different symbol for corrected caches. If you use Watcher to view your waypoints you can also set Spinner to ignore the caches from the Watcher ignore file. Corrected caches are set in the Corrected Caches.txt file.