Usa Geocoin Question

The Blue Quasar

I was wondering why Travel Bugs seem to be an international item for logging but when it comes to coins, they are USA Geocoins.

I am NOT suggesting that Groundspeak allow all of the various types of geocoins in existance to be logged and tracked.

What I am suggesting is that Groundspeak update the name of the kind you CAN log from USA Geocoins to something with a more 'international appeal'.

Travel Bugs are international, yet for coins it must say USA.

I don't mean this as some anti-USA rant. I'm just suggesting that providing them as a non-territorial naming may allow for more sales, assuming that Groundspeak must be getting some kind of commission.

I know I can buy an official USA Geocoin, but honestly I would rather have it in my profile that I support a Groundspeak GEOCOIN than a USA GEOCOIN.

:D The Blue Quasar

And while we're at it make all geocoins the same. State coins go international too and... I think I made my point. The "USA Geocoin" is named that. The designer gave it that name. It isn't the only geocoin out there. It is just one of many. This post seems to be made based on the fact that USA geocoins are the only geocoins out there, and since that isn't the case I think this is really a dead issue.

I am NOT suggesting that Groundspeak allow all of the various types of geocoins in existance to be logged and tracked.

I thought that was pretty self-explanitory.

I was suggesting that the TRACKABLE Geocoins be updated to reflect the International appeal that Geocache now enjoys.

I was NOT saying that all variations of Geocoins be trackable.

I was also suggesting that Groundspeak or whoever is the provider of USA Geocoins might increase sales by renaming them with a more International or non-territorial name. This is the way it works for Travel Bugs.

The International Geocaching community would probably support Geocoins even more if they didn't reflect any political or national affiliation for the TRACKABLE coins.

States, Provinces, Groups, Countries, Individuals, Events or whatever else wants to create a variation of a collectable 'Coin' has always had that option.

I only was suggesting that Groundspeak might consider altering the name to include the rest of the world, perhaps with a name that everyone can get behind.

:) The Blue Quasar

P.S. I have found a USA Geocoin, and I was happy to be able to add the Geocoin Icon to my profile. I just wish it was "Groundspeak GEOCOIN" or "GEOCOIN" as I don't feel that the country of design has to be placed upon it since Geocaching does not do this in any other OFFICIAL labelling.