Mapsource City Select Install

The Setup CD is in a separate cardboard envelope, however it is not very helpful. When I run it it eventually asks for City Select Disk 1. No matter what I do, it never recognizes Disk 1. It doesn't matter if I put it in my second drive or if I swap disks in one drive. I even copied my setup disk to my hard drive. Nothing works. This has been one of the most frustrating installations in my life. :rolleyes:

Am I missing something or are my disks damaged?

The Setup CD is in a separate cardboard envelope, however it is not very helpful. When I run it it eventually asks for City Select Disk 1. No matter what I do, it never recognizes Disk 1. It doesn't matter if I put it in my second drive or if I swap disks in one drive. I even copied my setup disk to my hard drive. Nothing works. This has been one of the most frustrating installations in my life. :rolleyes:

Am I missing something or are my disks damaged?

If you are using a Mac and Virtual PC that may be the cause. If you are not doing that, I have no idea of the problem.

I finally figured my way out of this mess. :rolleyes: The installer would not recognize Disk 1 if it was in my CD/DVD drive. I had to run the installer (setup) and swap it with Disk 1 from my plain CD drive. Don't ask me why it doesn't like the CD/DVD drive. I have been using this PC for over two years and the CD/DVD drive is the one I always use.