Gps Markers In Collingwood

dgas71

I received in my local newspaper a magazine called Simcoe Life Magazine. I was looking through the magazine and found a map of a trails network for Collingwood. On the map there is a series of approx 12 different coordinates and on the legend of the map, they are listed as gps markers.

Has anybody seen or know of these markers on the trails in the collingwood area? I'm just wondering if they are benchmarks or if they are markers that are placed on the trails as trail markers.

I received in my local newspaper a magazine called Simcoe Life Magazine. I was looking through the magazine and found a map of a trails network for Collingwood. On the map there is a series of approx 12 different coordinates and on the legend of the map, they are listed as gps markers.

Has anybody seen or know of these markers on the trails in the collingwood area? I'm just wondering if they are benchmarks or if they are markers that are placed on the trails as trail markers.

Hey a tip of the cap to the map maker and Simcoe Life Mag. for acknowledging that GPS coordinates can be helpful to the general public. I wish more organizations would do that.

My guess is that the 12 coords are either trailhead markers like access points to the Bruce Trail system or maybe points-of-interest along city owned trails like the rail-trail running between Collingwood and Thornbury. :anicute:

Cheers, Olar

They are coordinates for that spot on the map, it aids in finding the trail.

They have a great trail system in Collingwood. I was placing some caches along it but had to stop because of trail construction, and I have not found time.

Star2004