Thread Order

dblrngr

What order are the threads posted? I thought the new ones would be on the top, but after looking through 5-6 pages of posts, I'll run by a brand new one on page 7? Are they just stricktly in date/time order?

BTW.. Just got my first 3 caches approved. I can't wait for someone to show up !

The most recent post pushes the thread to the top. Pinned threads are always on top and also seem to get bonus points to stay on top and don't come down as fast (when using the "view new posts" function which just shows topics in order of most recen't posts).

Some threads get no responses and fall off the page. Especially if there are several hot topics taking the lions share of the attention.

What order are the threads posted?  I thought the new ones would be on the top, but after looking through 5-6 pages of posts, I'll run by a brand new one on page 7?  Are they just stricktly in date/time order?

The forum puts new posts at the top, the threads put them at the end. It never occurred to me that was confusing until you said something. Hmph.

BTW..  Just got my first 3 caches approved.  I can't wait for someone to show up !

Three at once? Impressive!

If you scroll down to the bottom of the page, you can ask the forum software to sort threads in a variety of ways. Last Post Date is the default. Other options are topic title, topic starter, number of replies, number of views, topic start date and last poster.

Its kind of fun to do sometimes. The Garmin 60CS thread in the Units and Softare forum has a whopping 64,674 views and over 900 posts. The Testing Testing thread in getting started has over 5000 replies, but "only" 42,370 views.

Edited by Sputnik 57