North Carolina Geocachers!!!

FatherPippy

So...Rocky Mount??? July 3rd? Let's get a solid yes or no on this...I'd rather not drive a million miles. I can be there...

ALSO - I'm putting together a HUGE cache - way bigger than a 5 gallon bucket - maybe we can find a place to put it. Anyone can bring some schwag to include, just bring it along! I'm thinking of making it a "Geocache toolbox" - complete with everything you might need to build your own cache...??

Anyway - ROCKY MOUNT!! Locations? Anyone?

Edited by FatherPippy
So...Rocky Mount??? July 3rd? Let's get a solid yes or no on this...I'd rather not drive a million miles. I can be there...

ALSO - I'm putting together a HUGE cache - way bigger than a 5 gallon bucket - maybe we can find a place to put it. Anyone can bring some schwag to include, just bring it along! I'm thinking of making it a "Geocache toolbox" - complete with everything you might need to build your own cache...??

Anyway - ROCKY MOUNT!! Locations? Anyone?

Might want to look at "Spawn of 8Ball" cache for ideas.

Ok...so...mild manner bored college student here in SC wants fun and new caches and if a good solid group is going to go cache I would like to come (if I am welcome)

So if something solid is going to happen I know me and a few other cachers near by would love to come and meet new people and see how NC people cache :rolleyes:

Ok - so...

Here's the plan:

Date: July 3rd

Time: 10am

I live in Jacksonville, about 2 hours South, and will be heading out that morning. If anyone wants a ride, let me know and I'll come get you *if you're not too far away*

How many caches do we want to do? 3, 4, 5? More? There is quite a list of caches in the area, so we can do a hard target search...

OK FOLKS: If you're planning on coming, here's what I've got planned:

Harambee Square

Tar River

Smurf Turf

Use Your Noodle(multi-members only cache) - nobody has found this one yet!!!

jackcacheNC made me do it!

Rocky Mount #1

Rocky Mount #2

Caboose on the Loose

Weather Cam

Lake Wilson Cache

Tar River Dam

I tried to find caches that represented a broad range (multi, micro, normal, web) - and I tried to stick close to a small area.

I'M OPEN TO SUGGESTIONS! If you've been to these before, please come prepared with alternatives.

THANKS! See you tomorrow!!!!

It was a VERY good day - FUN FUN FUN! ;) The best part was the fellowship and the new friends that were made. Oh... and the numbers are always nice too :P Only one casualty yesterday and it was me :unsure: Luckily it was only a sprained ankle and not a broken one. WHEW!

Edited by medic208