Geocaching Dashboard Widget For Mac Users

Hey everyone!

I wanted a quick way to access different information on the Geocaching.com web site so I made a Dashboard Widget that does just that. Not sure how many Mac users are floating around the boards but I thought if there are any that someone out there might find this useful as well.

You can search using any of the following information:

- Zip Code

- Cache Name (waypoint)

- Keywords

- Coordinates

- Travel Bugs (tag number)

The widget has a very nice look (I feel) as it mimics a Travel Bug style tag. This is totally free and I hope you find it useful. You can see what it looks like and download it at this URL:

http://widgets.dizandat.com/

Let me know what you think,

Abraham from "Team KAMM"

Can you tell us more?

OS requirements, etc?

And for those non-Mac people...explain what a 'dashboard' is...just so they know what they are missing...    :blink:

Sure...

There really isn't any more information about it other than what I listed in my original post. Basically it is like an all encompassing search field in your Dashboard that you can access quickly by hitting F12 on your keyboard.

System Requirements: This one is easy. You need an Apple computer running Mac OS 10.4 Tiger. This is required because Dashboard is a new feature in the lastest OS release.

As far as what Dashboard actually is, I think I'll let Apple tell you since they already have it documented: http://www.apple.com/macosx/features/dashboard/. It's a real slick feature in the new OS and if you haven't checked it out, I encourage you to pop over to your local Apple Store and give their computers and OS 10.4 a whirl.

Hope that helps some people out!

- Abraham

A little late on the upswing here, but my mac came back a little while ago... and while I think I need to send it back in, I'm in an installing mood.

So, I have the widget... but I'm wondering if, with the way you've laid this one out it would also be possible add the ability to search by username.

Hm? Hm? Hm?

Thanks for a good looking, and useful widget!

I'm a die-hard Mac user, but haven't upgraded to Tiger yet (still using Panther). I'm glad there are other Mac geocachers out there, even though we seem to get the short end of the stick as far as GPS software, compatability, tech support, etc. Thanks - when I upgrade to Tiger I'll definitely check it out! - Rockaria