Connect Etrex Vista To Palm Tungsten C Pda?

cjf

Is it posible to connect a Garmin eTrex Vista to a Palm Tungsten C PDA? And if so, what's the cable and where can I order it?

Several months ago I added to my GPSr arsenal and purchased a GPSr receiver to connect to my Tungsten C specifically to get fancy-schmancy verbal driving directions. It worked pretty well, and I bought additional maps to use with the system.

Well, tragedy struck today. I'm travelling and driving a rental car. I put my GPSr for my PDA in the trunk and we headed off on a hike. Unfortunately, the trunk is tricky and my kids didn't realize that the trunk wasn't really shut. It wasn't until we finished our hike and were several miles down the road and I saw my unique container by the side of the road that I realized I had been robbed. Fortunately all my other gear was with me.

So now I have all the appropriate software on my PDA (and you know mapping software is not cheap), but no GPSr made specifically for my PDA. Rather than re-purchase the gear I lost, I'm considering options. One of them hooking up my PDA to my trusty Garmen eTrex Vista. Can it be done?

To add insult to injury, there's a big ol'orange sign in the trunk of the rental saying not to leave valuables in the trunk. I'll be the thieves got a laugh out of that. Oh well. Lessons learned.

Thanks for any help.

Colleen