Anderson Island Mini Cache Event

Team Noltex

Mark you calendars now for the first ever Anderson Island Mini Cache Event and Party Excuse There are currently 18 caches on the island and one at the Steilacoom ferry landing, but there will probably be more by the event. :P You'll finally have the excuse you need to get out to Anderson Island. Post a note or a "Will Attend" on the cache page so we can plan on how many will be there. Bring the dogs, kids, in-laws - everyone is welcome!

Jeff & Kristie

Team Noltex

Mark you calendars now for the first ever Anderson Island Mini Cache Event and Party Excuse There are currently 18 caches on the island and one at the Steilacoom ferry landing, but there will probably be more by the event.  :)  You'll finally have the excuse you need to get out to Anderson Island. Post a note or a "Will Attend" on the cache page so we can plan on how many will be there. Bring the dogs, kids, in-laws - everyone is welcome!

Jeff & Kristie

Team Noltex

Darn.... the same day as the WSGA Campout :lol::rolleyes: I would really love to make this but...

Edited by Right Wing Wacko

A zipped .gpx file of the first draft caches has been added to the page. Several more caches will likely be added. As soon as I can figure out how to do it, I'll add a cache route to the page. :) If not, we'll hand them out Saturday morning. It will likely be 20-25 caches, including the wicked hard sir2u puzzles.

The forcast looks like good weather so far for the weekend. :) The cache route goes by our house on the island very early, so if there's something you want to drop off, like food, cars, excess money or whatever :) , it will be available.

I thought I would post this question here just in case someone else was wondering.

Looking at the ferry schedule it states what time the ferry LEAVES Steilacoom and what time it DEPARTS Anderson. It's not clear on how long the ride is. I am assuming it is the same ferry and it must run back and forth every half an hour. In that case I am guessing we take the 9:00 if we are to meet in the parking lot at 9:30 on Anderson???

I'm used to the BIG guys running and wasn't sure about this smaller type.

Gads! If I have trouble figuring this out you can imagine where I'm at figuring out the 4 1/2 star sir2u puzzles on the Island! <_<

Oh, I also noticed that you must be in positon with your tickets 20 minutes before boarding.

Donna (WD)

Edited by Wienerdog

Yes, you need to be on the 9:00 ferry. The ferry ride is approximately 20 min. long. There is a large parking area just after you debark. We will meet there at approx. 9:30.

To be certain you will be on the 9:00 ferry, we would recommend being in line more like 45 min-1 hr. ahead of sailing, as the ferry can be busy on weekends in the summer. Purchase tickets in the building down by the dock. (You need your tickets in hand when you board.) The entire first 2 lanes + about 6 or 8 cars from lane 3 will fit on the ferry. If you miss that ferry, the next ferry is at 10:20 and also stops at Ketron Is. before going to Anderson Island.

As far as the pirate puzzles, we may be able to give you a hint/nudge if needed.

As far as the pirate puzzles, we may be able to give you a hint/nudge if needed.

Thanks for supplying that information on the ferry. We sure don't want to miss it!

We are almost done with the four 4* puzzles. We did need some very helpful hints to accomplish that task. Whew! Talk about hard. Still working on ohjoys! 4* puzzle.

:P:P:P:P:P This is how I looked trying to solve the puzzles.

By tommorrow I should be starting to look like this. :)

Ms. WD

The last cache was just approved (THANK YOU Team Misguided!) and the final cache list has been posted, along with the route, driving directions and a map. Ohjoy!'s new puzzle cache "The Landlubber's Revenge" has also been added on the route with a stop in what she tells me is the general area. Good luck with this one, cuz we haven't been able to solve it yet either! :blink:

We will have an FRS radio on channel 2 if you need to contact us on the island. Email us if you want a cellphone number.

Ohjoy!'s new puzzle cache "The Landlubber's Revenge" has also been added on the route with a stop in what she tells me is the general area. Good luck with this one, cuz we haven't been able to solve it yet either! :P

:blink: We decoded the first part. Now we don't know what to do with it either!

I am coming down from S Snohomish county, and am looking for riders. I will be bringing my canoe down for the attack on the Eagle's Lair.

Rob

If you want to swing a little east I would take a ride if offered. we could meet in Bellevue at the PNR we used for the P&C mountain marsh. Say 7?

I am coming down from S Snohomish county, and am looking for riders. I will be bringing my canoe down for the attack on the Eagle's Lair.

Rob

If you want to swing a little east I would take a ride if offered. we could meet in Bellevue at the PNR we used for the P&C mountain marsh. Say 7?

I sent you an email Andrew. And lets plan on the NE70th P&R not too far from where you live, OK?

Any others, it looks like we will be coming down 405.

Ohjoy!'s new puzzle cache "The Landlubber's Revenge" has also been added on the route with a stop in what she tells me is the general area. Good luck with this one, cuz we haven't been able to solve it yet either!  :D

:D We decoded the first part. Now we don't know what to do with it either!

Got this one last night. My head is 'PUZZLED' enough for awhile. :o

Ms. WD

Last post before I leave for the island. For those who haven't been on Anderson Island previously, there is a general store there that is fairly well stocked with most anything you'd need. They also have fuel, but you can probably imagine the prices. We'll be providing hamburgers, hot dogs, buns, and drinks. If you can, bring a salad, dessert or whatever. It can be dropped off at our place early in the day, located at the event coords. Potato salad half the day in 80 degree weather = :D

The "event" is tomorrow.... do you accept late invitees? We've never done a Cash-machine but would really be interested in this as it sounds like a lot of fun. Are kids welcome also? We cache with our 3 - ages 9, 7 and 4.

Did I happen to mention we have "accumulated" 2 WJTB we would like to share???

Edited by notchcat2
The "event" is tomorrow.... do you accept late invitees? We've never done a Cash-machine but would really be interested in this as it sounds like a lot of fun. Are kids welcome also? We cache with our 3 - ages 9, 7 and 4.

Did I happen to mention we have "accumulated" 2 WJTB we would like to share???

:o I think you would be more than welcome. We are meeting in the parking lot on Anderson Island at 9:30 am. Which means you should take the 9:00 ferry. And that means you need to be there early 8:00 or 8:15 to get in line.

If you go to the very first post on this thread and click on the Anderson Island cache machine it explains most everything.

Yes, as you can see Team Noltex said everbody is welcome. Kids, dogs, inlaws. I think they said inlaws! :D

Hope you can make it!

Edited by Wienerdog

This was a wonderful event! One of our favorites by far.

What a great group of people to spend the day with. All the caches were fun. Nothing "lame" there. I think there are about 25 of them on the Island now.

A special thanks to Team Noltex for setting this up. It was kind of you to open up your beautiful home to us and BBQ'ing all those yummy burgers and dogs. You guys did a great job putting this together. Including the gpx. file and route maps.

Sir2u.... your puzzles are just amazing. Truly! Thanks for coming along with us on some of the caches.

Ohjoy! ..... you make a great watergirl. Thanks for your time.

Anyone that wants a fun day of caching, just hop on the ferry at Stelacoom and take a short ride over. I recommend working sir2u's and ohjoy's puzzles some time in advance!

Thanks all. It was a most wonderful day! :laughing: