Finding Caches On The Road?

Bean's Mom

How do I go about finding caches when I'm on a roadtrip? I realize I can use my laptop and type in zip codes of my destinations, but I sometimes travel by car between Massachusetts and Virginia and would love to be able to hope off the road and just find a cache as a travel-break. Any suggestions? I am not (yet?) a premium member... do I need to be in order to be able to do this? :P

Go to the main gc.com page. Look up by state. When you get to that page, you will see at the top that it says map. Open that up. Then from there you can highlight the buttons for whatever you want: pan, zoom in, zoom out, and identify. You can just go along the particular road you are driving, identify the caches near the road, open the caches' pages, and choose from there. Tedious, but it works.

Go to the main gc.com page. Look up by state. When you get to that page, you will see at the top that it says map. Open that up. Then from there you can highlight the buttons for whatever you want: pan, zoom in, zoom out, and identify. You can just go along the particular road you are driving, identify the caches near the road, open the caches' pages, and choose from there. Tedious, but it works.

Don’t you have to be a premium member to work with the online maps like this?