L.a./san Diego Cache Recommendations?

IntotheWoods

Hello Left Coasters,

I am a New Yorkese geocacher visiting southern California for 10 days and would love some recommendations for good caches in LA and San Diego. I am especially looking for caches that will be interesting for the non-geocachers I will be toting with me--historical/famous/unusual sites, nice views, unique hides, etc. Thanks for any and all help!

IntotheWoods :ph34r:

Nice views

This depends on where you will be staying and how much hiking you're willing to do. "member our hills may seem mountainous to east coasters. For example, I'd recommend any cache on Mission Trails (MTRP), ie South Fortuna, Kwaay Paay Peak, or Kumeyaay Solstice Sunrise.

If you want to drive most of the way up, try, Green Eggs and Ham, anything on Mt Soledad, (i.e. My WebpageGhost Rider Graveyard), and the virtuals on Point Loma, Point Loma Lights.

Unique

Local Treasure, requires access to the internet;

The Forbidden Forest, night hunt (requires flashlights), or anything else by the DAK Girls.

Some not to miss tourist areas with caches include Old Town and Balboa Park.

Just to name a few...

Have fun.

There are plenty of great hides in L.A. My answer will depend largely on 1) where you're going to be, 2) how far you're willing to travel, 3) what type of hide you're looking for, 4) how much time you expect you're going to have, and 5) how physically agile your non-cacher accomplices are.

Drop me an email or PM with some mor einfo and I'll load you up with some of my personal favorites...