Caches Not Yet Found...

Shanynrose

I run a Pocket Query periodically for caches that haven't been found yet.

I can bookmark that search results page to look at it anytime I want to think about trying for a FTF, which in my area is nearly impossible, because others live closer to caches and more competitive than I am . . . :anitongue:

Yeah, I was thinking more of the less accessible location aspect rather than easy F2F's.

An answer for my kid when she asks "Remind me WHY we're hiking to this Godforsaken location?"

Of course, now that she's found her first cache she may be a happier hiker :ph34r:

I noticed you're a premium member.  Set up a pocket query for the area around your home coordinates, or for your state, etc.  Then, select the "have not been found" checkbox.

Just make sure that you limit your query by the distance that you would be willing to go at a moment's notice. For example, would you be willing to drive 25 miles? How about 100 miles?

I have a pocket query that runs every Friday and Saturday. On Friday, I get unfound near me results that I can make a run on Saturday morning if they are still there. On Saturday, I get a lot of new hides that I can try for on Sunday morning. Also, if you have a local Geocachers group, you might find that they have a forum where caches are listed before they are officially posted at Geocaching.com, which might give you a little head start.