Visiting My Sister In Pa

Team Red Oak

Although I live in Maryland, I grew up in PA and all my family is there. In July we are going to visit my sister who lives near Kempton and Hawk Mountain. I can't seem to locate any caches on Hawk Mountain, which doesn't surprise me since the sanctuary is there, but can any one recommend any good hiking caches in the area. We've done Crystal Cache during our visit in May, but now we are looking for a cache which involves more hiking with awesome views.

We're considering The Pinnacle or Pulpit Rock. Are there any others that may be good as well. I really am not that familiar with the area as I grew up in Allentown and have not lived in PA since 1983. When I did live in A-town, I was a young and didn't hike anywhere besides South Mountain which I could walk to from my house. We've only lived in MD since Jan 04.

One last question, where can I buy a good hiking map of the area near Kempton? Would Hawk Mountain have maps for other areas?

If any one would like to show us around that would be great since we do visit the area several times a year it would be great to go caching with others in the area. We will be up the weekend of July 23rd & 24th.

Thanks

Thanks

Here is a list of caches near Hawk Mtn, or a short drive away. There are more than what is listed here, just use the "nearest caches" button on one of the cache pages to see more listings. I particularly like hiking in this area. I second Klatch, Waterboy puts out a great hike. Have Fun!

Eagles Nest

Nathaniel's First cache

Wilkum to Rocksylvania

Hunt for the News Hound

Hooties Cubby

Oh Danny Boy

Pulpit Rock

The Pinnacle

Cold Run

No Hints #2

Edited by Polgara
Here is a list of caches near Hawk Mtn, or a short drive away.  There are more than what is listed here, just use the "nearest caches" button on one of the cache pages to see more listings.  I particularly like hiking in this area.  I second Klatch, Waterboy puts out a great hike.  Have Fun!

Eagles Nest

Nathaniel's First cache

Wilkum to Rocksylvania

Hunt for the News Hound

Hooties Cubby

Oh Danny Boy

Pulpit Rock

The Pinnacle

Cold Run

No Hints #2

This is a great list... I've not done all of them, but those that I have done are fine hikes.