Traditional Caches Missing.

Doombot!

Thanks. This sounds to me like a temporary fix, though. The question is why it gets messed up repeatedly every now and then and whether you could fix it permanently.

And what should we do when we see the icons missing?

Wait patiently because things take time and they will come back?

Post here and hope you see it?

Send an e-mail?

We have been waiting for a software update which has recently arrived, but we're testing in-house to make sure it doesn't have any issues. In the meantime I shut off the scheduled update since when it fails partway through the process it still uses the incomplete data set.

Posting here is fine.

In the meantime I shut off the scheduled update since when it fails partway through the process it still uses the incomplete data set.

Does this mean we won't see any new traditional (or any?) cache icons until the new software is OK?

Or does it just mean we won't see them on a scheduled basis, but you (or someone) will start the update process occasionally?

leave jeremy alone!!

computers mess up on things all to much so yes there are just temporary fixs too keep every thing up and running with out too much if any down time

but like jeremy said they are testing a new software to see if it has bugs

let him work on it like he said

i meen you can still log caches right???

and there are other geocaching maps online

other then the geocaching.com maps

No, it was a complaint from my part and I don't see why we should leave Jeremy alone, he's the head of the company and it's him that should be bothered when there is a problem. It's part of his job to take the nagging from the users.

It's part of his job to take the nagging from the users.

True. And generally speaking, however (and not directed at you), if you're a jerk about it that doesn't help much. So yeah, comment away but if you're less jerky it makes everyone happier.