Best Treasure

"There was a DU goose band in one cache."

Sounds great! :lol: What is that? :laughing:

DU - Ducks Unlimited.

Goose Band - The feds often will band waterfowl for research. The band has a number on it, kinda like a TB number. When a bird is taken, the band number is called in by the hunter and information is recorded.

DU has their own bands that they send with memberships and given away at banquets.

I found one in a cache. :yikes:

:lol:

... and did you sell it? :lol:

sbell, nope. It is considered a prize in the waterfowl hunting community. Kinda like a TB but you keep these. It's on my keyring. It's my second DU goose band. :yikes: ... I could do one of those Visa commercials on the amount of money it takes to hunt waterfowl, but the list would be awlful embarrassing when it was tallied. :laughing:

"There was a DU goose band in one cache."

Sounds great! :lol:  What is that? :laughing:

DU - Ducks Unlimited.

Goose Band - The feds often will band waterfowl for research. The band has a number on it, kinda like a TB number. When a bird is taken, the band number is called in by the hunter and information is recorded.

DU has their own bands that they send with memberships and given away at banquets.

I found one in a cache. :yikes:

We have a local cacher around this area, 74GPD that leaves 2 pheasant bands in the caches he visits. Its a different sig item.

sbell, nope. It is considered a prize in the waterfowl hunting community. Kinda like a TB but you keep these. It's on my keyring. It's my second DU goose band. :laughing: ... I could do one of those Visa commercials on the amount of money it takes to hunt waterfowl, but the list would be awlful embarrassing when it was tallied. :yikes:

I was just kidding because of your $ comment above.

Your post reminded me of all the money that I've spent on this seemingly 'free' hobby.

Your post reminded me of all the money that I've spent on this seemingly 'free' hobby.

Yeah, to date we've found $17. That doesn't touch the amount of money we've put into it!!! :laughing: Gas alone: EMBARRASSING!!! Fast food, bug repellent, a new GPS'r for Yamamomma, = I don't want to think about it.

But this is nothing to hunting. Guns, knives, clothes, waders, 4 wheelers, boats, decoys, gas, more fast food, less sleep, etc etc. ... :lol:

:yikes:

I leave a Fresh cup of Coffee, a Burger from McDonalds, or a Piping hot pizza..

All in coupon form of course.:laughing:

Coolest things found.

1. One of the limited edition Silver Geocoins from 2004.

2. A high blood pressure testing kit...Armband, pump ball and everything.....(at the top of a mountain)

3. A mini handheld fan.

trading isnt really a big concern for me, i just like to find them. I'd be willing to leave something(if i could find any that is :laughing: Im in kind of a rut). I just like to leave my team name and the names of those with me. Its the thrill of finding the cache and comming to the end of the 'quest' that drives me. I like adventures, always have.

I was second to find a tribute cache to an old cowboy who died.

I traded about 9 bucks worth of stuff (emptied my swag bag) for a bolo tie that had a large conglomerate stone on it. I recognized Hematite & tiger's eye in the mix and assumed that it could be worth 8 to as high as 20 bucks.

Welllll, It was worth a wholllllle lot more. A rock and gem dealer I know, in Bullhead City offered me $100 for it the second he laid eyes on it.

When he saw that I wouldn't part with it, he told me it was worth quite a bit more to collectors, because it was a rare jasper that had only one source and that source had played out over 20 years back.

Every time I pass that cache in Arizona, I put more swag in it. I put a $30 hunk of real citrine in there and someone said they picked up a pretty rock in a later log.

I've put about 70 bucks worth of stuff (mostly semi-prescious stones) in there over the past couple of years. I'm planning to stop by on this year's trip too.

The coolest thing I've ever found in a cache is Rickie B Cacheman's siggy item... it's a little handmade iron hiker figurine. I like it so much that it sits on a shelf in the livingroom rather than in a rubbermaid box with the rest of the siggy items I have collected.

Also, a Garmin 76 GPS case. I took it as a trade a few months before I ended up buying a 76C. Use it all the time ;)

All I have to say about that candle holder is WOW

The coolest thing I've ever found was one of your Chainmail Balls.

I still have it sitting on my desk at work. ;)

I though people would like to see a picture of the chainmail balls I leave in caches.

f698160d-6b89-4f91-805a-a379a8dd8479.jpg

Thanks everyone, these are great!

The candleholder? WOW!

The Girlfriend? WOW and please spill! More info please ;)

;) My favorite thing so far is a rubber lizard..... I also just picked up a TB that is a rubic cube puzzle with Princess Leia and Luke heads, I love this thing! But sadly I will have to part with her/him this weekend.

We found a small glass bottle with coordinates in it and nothing else. We entered them into our GPS and it led us to a small park in another town, miles away where we found a gray painted leggs egg with sterling limited edition coin sealed in protective plastic. It is great and quite a surprise, we have never found out who placed it. :laughing:

At another cache, when we opened it there was a brand new crisp $20. we looked around for someone hiding in the woods, but no one appeared. When we logged it we sent an email to the last finder and he said to have lunch on him and return the favor, it was a fun surpirse. :ph34r:

Edited by geo50chevy
All I have to say about that candle holder is WOW

The coolest thing I've ever found was one of your Chainmail Balls.

I still have it sitting on my desk at work. :angry:

I though people would like to see a picture of the chainmail balls I leave in caches.

f698160d-6b89-4f91-805a-a379a8dd8479.jpg

that would be awesome to find in one of the new york caches!

My personal faves are signature items. The only dupes we have are devil duckies in various colors. We leave a wooden nickel. Happy to trade with out of area cachers. Drop a line. Best find was a rubber ladybug. Squeeze it and goo comes out of the eyes. Caity likes it. I want to do a book TB. We'll see.