Making Geocoins

fisherman28

But how do you put on the code to make it a Geocoin?

Contact Groundspeak (Bryan), pay an amount and you can get the coins to be trackable on Geocaching.com

or you can use the services offered on some of the other threads for free! ;);)

Through another cacher that inquired, I learned that GC.com tracking is only available to cacher groups/associations with a minimum of 1000 (?) coins are produced.

To be trackable, each coin must have a unique identification code, either numeric, alpha, or alphanumeric. It also must have someone, somewhere, keeping track of who has what coin. It could simply be emailing a person who keeps a spreadsheet, but more often it's some site that finders can log into and post using the coin's number. Travelertags.com will do it. So will cointracking.com once it is up and running.

Problem is, you generally need to know how you're going to track them before you have them minted, so that the mechanism for tracking can be printed on the coin itself.

My personal coins are numbered, by me by hand, but are not trackable.

But how do you put on the code to make it a Geocoin?

Contact Groundspeak (Bryan), pay an amount and you can get the coins to be trackable on Geocaching.com

or you can use the services offered on some of the other threads for free! :P;)

Could you tell me the name the free threads