Ammo Cans, Anyone?

Ok, now that I've got your interest, here's the details.

I'm stationed at Camp Lejeune, NC - one of the largest and most active Marine Corps bases in the World. Bottom line...we have LOTS of ammo cans.

I'm currently making inquiries into how I can get my hands on them for our use.

I know that they'll sell them to me, but I'm trying to negotiate a price. It would help me to know how many people out there want them (and what sizes).

So - send me a note, let me know what you want and I'll do my best to get them to you!!

Blessings,

FatherPippy

I'm stationed at Camp Lejeune, NC - one of the largest and most active Marine Corps bases in the World. Bottom line...we have LOTS of ammo cans.

Most of the problem with buying ammo cans mail order is the cost of shipping. You'd have to work out that cost before you could set a price. If it's cheaper to buy them for $6 each locally than for pay $2 plus shipping to get them mail order, well.. nuff said.

Might be a great deal for those within driving distance of you though.

Get me a price on a bunch & I'll pick them up if it's a good deal. Was looking at them on the Gov Liquidation site but best I can make out it would be a tractor trailer load for each auction lot.

I've got about a 17 yard dump & probably 4-5 hours away.

I could sure make a lot of WNC cachers happy! :laughing:

:P I JUST RETURNED FROM A RURAL KING STORE WWW.RURALKING.COM, I WAS ABLE TO PICK UP 4/.50 CALIBER AMMO CANS FOR $4 A PIECE. THEY ARE IN REALLY GOOD SHAPE THEY HAD ABOUT 15 OF THEM BUT I DID NOT HAVE THE MONEY OR WANT TO BE GREADY AND BUY THEM ALL.

THE MORAL TO MY STORY IS, IF YOU HAVE A RURAL KING AROUND YOU. (I BELIEVE THERE ARE A MIDWESTERN THING/IND,ILL,KY) AND YOU NEED AMMO CANS HIT UP THE RURAL KING STORE.

HAVE A GREAT DAY AND STAY COOL. RIGHT NOW IT'S 100 DEGREES IN WEST CENTRAL INDIANA