Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Meravella

Cq Field Day 2005

It is that time of year again, so how many of you are going to participate in this years Field day.

I will be at Ft Flagler state park in Washington State, not only that, I have all the Geocaches within 5 miles!! And I am gonna do my best to find them in my NOT so copious free time.

I am in charge of the 15 meter station, so if any of you hear K7LED on the air, give us a holler, tell them that you know Richard from the Geocache forums!!

CQ field Day!!!

We'll be listening, but from NJ (FN20). Club call will be K2RF. If you are from NJ, stop by at the Mahlon Dickerson Reservation RV Area.

Dave (n3uxk)

I'll be operating Sunday from a local park as 1B portable. Equipment will be a K1 or KX1 powered by a 4ah gel cell and a 5w solar panel. The antenna is a 40m dipole with tuned feeders for 20 and 15 meters, on a 33' mast. Ain't this fun??

Bob AA7EQ :anitongue:

It is that time of year again, so how many of you are going to participate in this years Field day.

I will be at Ft Flagler state park in Washington State, not only that, I have all the Geocaches within 5 miles!! And I am gonna do my best to find them in my NOT so copious free time.

I am in charge of the 15 meter station, so if any of you hear K7LED on the air, give us a holler, tell them that you know Richard from the Geocache forums!!

CQ field Day!!!

I am sure I will work K7LED on 6 meters. I do every year. I will be operating with the Bremerton group in a County area that is closed most of the time near the Navy Hospital. The club call is W7VE. Dick, W7WT

I'll be on a 24 hour geocaching marathon during field day. I'm not sure if I'll be awake enough to drop by the club's field day site on sunday afternoon, but I should at least be able to give them a point or two with a simplex FM contact, if they're listening.

CQ Field Day Cq Field Day CQ Field day (then call ) This was my first introduction to local Hams and I am studying to become one of them. I got to contact a whole town and my 3, 5 and 7 year old had some type of contacts. My 16 yo and her friend even added into the points. It was agreat day. Looking forward to going to Hamfest at WM Byrd in Vinton VA 1BuzyMom (no handle yet)

Well, ALL the bands SUCKED BIG time, but field day was still an absolute ball!!

Just as it always is...

I have been doing field day for over 20 years, and it never ceases to amaze me.

Watching 20 people put up 4 towers, ranging from 30-40 feet, along with enough antennas to run 7 stations, we are a 6A plus the GOTA(Get on the air) in under 6 hours, is just an amazing sight.

There were problems, such as antennas falling apart in the air, because the elements had not been tightened, and a generator failing, but for the 24 hours of field day, ALL stations were on the air, or could have been on the air for 23 hours and 56 minutes. 4 minutes to change over to the backup generator.

Field day, as usual, reminds us what a little bit of teamwork can accomplish, and gives us hams the confidence to know that we are indeed READY, willing, and ABLE for any emergency situation.

By the time field day was over, we were all very disapointed with the band conditions, but were VERY proud of our accomlishments.

BTW, the only reason that there were only 20 setting up, was because not all of us were able to get Friday off, but by Friday night, we had over 50 hams and their families at our field day.

IT WAS GREAT!!! LOL

Hope yours was great too...

I am almost recovered from Field Day. From setup on Friday, until take down completed Sunday afternoon..... My club, United Radio Amateur Club has participated in every FD since inception. This was my 9th year. We were 6A this year. I was the CW station band captain. We set up a 4 element full size yagi on 20M, and a 40M doublet on a 40 ft tower (trailer) for the CW station.

We had 2 other tower trailers, and 2 other towers for the other stations, totaling 5 HF yagis. Lots of steel and aluminum in the air. We also had a satalite station and UHF/VHF. Lots of fun. Hope everyone had fun and worked K6AA.

I participated from my car using an ICOM IC-703 on a SLA battery hooked to a solar panel. I was running a 20m hamstick and a 40/80m NVIS. I worked 19 stations as 1B EB.

72, N6LMX

Field Day was great as usual. The food was excellent and there was lots of it. We worked 5F from the Red Cross building. The food was some of the best I've had at any of the FD's over many years. The bands were down a bit Sat. night. but picked up again in the wee hours. There was so much food, we couldn't eat it all, and all of it was good. We attempted to make satellite contacts, could hear, but no one heard us. Had Barbequed chicken, bratwurst, crawfish, chili, corn on the cob, chocolate cake, apple crisp....and that was breakfast! Six meters was really poor, but CW and PSK 31 on 20 and 40 meters were pretty steady...not as active as last year, but still good. We also had lots of donuts, pastries, chips and dips, raw veggies (for the one health nut we have :anitongue: and gallons of coffee. Voice activity was low, with most of it on 20 meters, although 15 did open for a while on Sat. Did I mention that our favorite part of FD is the food? Well, it is....that is what we plan first, then we work on antennas and equipment....as long as the food is good and there's plenty of it, it's a successful FD. :rolleyes:

So if you worked K4ORE (or W4CHM, the GOTA station), and it seemed like we were talking with our mouths full, we were. <_<

Hank/N3ORX

We would have love to go to the field day this year but we were travelling to sunny California and get stuck at an airport on saturday. :unsure:

But we added 20 caches to our total.

73, Thérèse VE2THG