**pocket Pc Pda Help Please**

N Danger

Hi

I have a HP PDA and a bluetooth GPS receiver.

I thought I had all the programs I need to get started.

I have Vito Navigator II, GPXSonar and Pharos OSTIA.

I bought a trial premium membership before i go for the full year.

I went to caches near me and checked the files.

They downloaded to my PC and I copied them to my sync folder.

They are now in my PDA, but I cant find an easy (or hard) way to open them

HELP PLEASE.... I have geocache fever.

Thanks in advance

Bob

You need to download caches in gpx format from the geocaching web page. Then, using GSAK in your PC, you create a gpx file that you copy into your PPC. I keep mine in the SD chip to save on the PPC memory. Then you open the gpx file with gpxsonar to see the info. Good luck.

Edited by Alan2

Thanks

I just saw these replies.

I thought I would be notified when there were replies.

I will try your suggestions.

I have downloaded both programs already.

I will make sure I download the correct type of file and see if I have better luck.

Bob

I just went to try it.

When I click all of the boxes and then hit download it appears to automatically want to do .loc

It does not ask me what type of file.

If you are logged in then as you are a premium member you should see the option to download either a Loc or GPX file. Make sure you selec the GPX format

gpx2.png

. . . HELP PLEASE.... I have geocache fever.

Thanks in advance

Bob

The absolutely best way to do what you want to do is to create Pocket Queries for the areas you will be caching in.

Then you will get the .gpx format which includes all the information about the caches, not just the coordinates.

Although it had a steep learning curve for me, GSAK (Geocaching Swiss Army Knife) has proved to be invaluable for organizing the more than 700 caches I have information for on my PC and in my Palm.

I just went to try it.

When I click all of the boxes and then hit download it appears to automatically want to do .loc

It does not ask me what type of file. 

You can't download .gpx files from the search pages. You have to either do them one at a time, using the link from the cache page as Clyde illustrated, or set up a Pocket Query and have a file (up to 500 caches) e-mailed to you.

You can go to http://www.geocaching.com/pocket to setup your Pocket Query. Don't initially select a date for it to run, select everything else, then use the "run this search" function to make sure you're getting the results you expected, THEN edit the query to select a day for it to run.