Don't Touch That Mouse!

AuntieWeasel

So I snagged a WJTB on Sunday (hint: the early cacher gets the WJTB) and it's really burning a hole in my swag bag. I wanted to be a good weasel and drop it promptly to give the next person a chance, but the only goal item I've run across to and from work is the construction site at work. Somehow, the idea of playing toy cars in the parking lot at my place of business seems like...one act of weirdness over the line.

Anyhoo, I decided to see how much Photoshop latitude the contest gave me. I vaguely remembered from last year that it was a No Photoshop kind of a deal. And how!

For submission, the photograph must be in JPEG (.jpg) or TIFF (.tiff) format, cannot exceed 4 MB in size, and cannot have been manipulated, for example but not limited to, brightness or hue or contrast adjusted, sharpened or cropped, enhanced, morphed, or retouched (in any manner whatsoever).

Whew! Me, I adjust sharpness and contrast before I get out of bed in the morning. This is going to be tough. Looks like it's toys in the parking lot for me in the morning.

You guys'll still love me when I'm unemployed, mmm?

For submission, the photograph must be in JPEG (.jpg) or TIFF (.tiff) format, cannot exceed 4 MB in size, and cannot have been manipulated, for example but not limited to, brightness or hue or contrast adjusted, sharpened or cropped, enhanced, morphed, or retouched (in any manner whatsoever).

Whew! Me, I adjust sharpness and contrast before I get out of bed in the morning. This is going to be tough.

May the best camera win!

:lol:

Here's your loophole, AW: Take the picture with your film camera and adjust the image in the process of making the print and scanning it in. The end result will be a well-made jpeg file that conforms to the rule.

I mean, really, most mid-level and higher cameras can adjust contrast, exposure, etc on the fly these days. Good film cameras can fit various filters and things.

As long as you don't submit a picture of yourself driving the WJTB (in the long run...also doable without even opening the image in Photoshop), I doubt even the strictest judge of images is going to be able to tell it has been adjusted on import/scan/etc.

The best line from the rules though is:

Photographs with the Travel Bug must picture the Travel Bug either at the location, or at a different location...

No, really? :lol:

Thanks for the warning, Auntie Weasel (and, yes, I'll move your bug soon!)

I always adjust my photos. I'll be careful with the WJTB ones. (Snatched my second one today! On a three part multi.) I know what construction site I'm choosing. (Though some of us say that there is no construction going on there.)

My employer wouldn't think twice about me photographing WJTBs in the parking lot! They know that I'm strange.

i had a slight problem with my entry. i had a (WJTB) pulling a (YJTB) up a steel rafter on the steel building i am putting up right now. so i had two entries to submit with one pic. i didn't know what to do. so i entered it as the yellow jeep entry. oh well, at least i tried.

Hmmm.......so I looked silly laying on my belly alongside the road at a road construction site taking pics of Daveen Jeep TB? :anitongue: I thought it looked pretty cool with the construction worker guy I found in a cache last weekend (kinda like a green army man, but yellow and holding a shovel).

i had a slight problem with my entry. i had a (WJTB) pulling a (YJTB) up a steel rafter on the steel building i am putting up right now. so i had two entries to submit with one pic. i didn't know what to do. so i entered it as the yellow jeep entry. oh well, at least i tried.

It doesn't matter. You could only submit one photo for the travel bug anyway.