Moving Tb's Within Own City

hometeachin

Hi, all!

I would love to move some TB's, but for the next month I am staying in town. Is it okay to grab a TB and drop it in another cache in the same city. I live in Phoenix, so there are lots of places to drop them, but I don't want to frustrate anyone, either. I have looked at the goals and such, but I don't see anything about not wanting them to move around in town.

I am ordering some TB's of my own and trying to think of a TB theme. :D So, in placing them, I could drop them into any caches along the way (Phoenix or wherever I am traveling), right? I don't have to make up my own cache for my own TB.

Sorry for the newbie questions. Someday I will know all and impart my wisdom to the masses, as all of you do. :D Thanks a lot!

Is it okay to grab a TB and drop it in another cache in the same city.

I don't see why not...

Sure, the idea is to get miles on them, but think about this:

You move a TB from Cache A to Cache B in the same city.

Someone stops at Cache B and grabs TB, without planning to go to Cache A.

That person takes the TB from Cache B and goes to Germany with it!

IMHO, you would have done that TB a great service by moving it from Cache A to Cache B. Unless of course that TB was suppose to hit all the Dairy Queens in the USA, hahaha. :D

What helps is when the owner of a TB attaches a laminated tag with the TB's goal. If I see that I am unable to help the TB reach its goal, I won't grab it. But if I grab a TB without such annotation, and in the course of logging it see that I can't move it in the right direction or a great distance, I drop it off where I please. One nice strategy I used was moving a TB in the wrong direction, but placing it in a one-day old cache, expecting the cache to have lots of visitors due to its newness and thus lots of folks to hitch a ride with. I doubt most TB owners would be upset if a TB doesn't move far or moves the wrong direction, as long as it wasn't held for too long.

I would love to move some TB's, but for the next month I am staying in town.  Is it okay to grab a TB and drop it in another cache in the same city.  I live in Phoenix, so there are lots of places to drop them, but I don't want to frustrate anyone, either.  I have looked at the goals and such, but I don't see anything about not wanting them to move around in town. 

Oh, sure. As long as you aren't messing up the goals or holding onto it for ages. It isn't just about mileage; sometimes a TB owner just likes to see that it's still out there and moving. TB owners like to see their TB's handled, even if they don't go far.

You really want to make friends? Take a snapshot. It's such an easy thing to do, and it's always appreciated, regardless of the TB's actual goal. I've got a private pact with myself that, at a minimum, I post a picture for every bug I grab.

You really want to make friends? Take a snapshot. It's such an easy thing to do, and it's always appreciated, regardless of the TB's actual goal. I've got a private pact with myself that, at a minimum, I post a picture for every bug I grab.

I fully agree with Auntie on this! I did this with Joseph the micro TB . When I posted pics, even though the quality was not all the great, the owner of the bug IMMEDIATELY sent me e-mail thanking my for the pics and taking care of the bug. It really made me think about a good cache I could put it into. It took me a couple extra weeks to get to the right cache, but as soon as I placed it and uploaded images, the owner was VERY happy.

It was a very cool feeling.

I agree a picture would be great...I released my first and only travel bug (Free Share Bear TB) a little over 2 weeks ago, the person logged in the cache that they took the TB but they have not yet logged the tb itself...I dropped them a note a couple days ago, just to let them know I knew they had it and thank them for taking him on his first journey but still not a word :laughing: ...I am just hoping he is on a long journey and will have many pics and information to share once someone finally signs his log book!!

What do others do when their bug stops making progress and they know where it is?