Central Park Hunt

dboggny

I am posting this to guage the interest of the local folks in an evening group walk/ cache hunt in Central Park.

I have done this with two groups previously, the first time with Mtn-Man and Mopar when Mtn-Man was visiting our area for work. It was dark and we had a great time getting all the caches at night.

The second time, was with a slightly larger group including Planet and crew, IV_Warrior and Mrs., Mopar again and others. It was warmer out and Planet got us lost.

At any rate, it was a fun time so if we have another group interested in going, lets get some idea of a block of days in July or August that people can attent and set a date.

Since this is just a cache hunt by a group of people, it cannot be an event, however, if we want to have a coffee or something before hand, we could make it an event. I know we have a lot of new or relatively new cachers in and around NYC and would love to find a way to get this message out to everyone. The easiest way to do this is to create an event; but we'll see.

Even if you have grabbed all the caches in CP, please think about coming out and meeting cachers from the area!

db

Make it next week and get me a ride from Manhasset, Long Island and I'd love to meet ya all! :lol:

(I can wish....) :lol:

-Jennifer

LIRR takes 40 minutes from Manhasset to Penn station and a 10 minute subway ride up to the park. You'll be logging the first one in under an hour. :lol:

Heading into Central Park as it's getting dark on a weekend night.

Sounds like an adventure. :yikes:

Running shoes, we need to wear good running shoes. :laughing:

I've been wanting to go caching in Central Park for sometime now. Going with a group is definately a good reason to go and meet some cachers.

I work during the week so if this gathering falls on the weekend I should almost definately be able to attend.

I might be able to persuad my sister, AsileRD, to come and possibly my brother SERG312 if he happens to be back home.

Make this happen though, I'm really looking foward to it.

Edited by Nick428
no need for running shoes, we travel with my really good friend, Gaston Glock. At any rate, there seems to be interest enough for me to look at my calander and throw out some dates. be back in a day with some thoughts.

It's a comfort knowing your friend will be along for the hike. :anitongue:

I was thinking of dragging Squealy along... he's not much help when it comes to bears and stuff but I hear he's great against violent homeless people, Right Joe? :anitongue:

And they let me lead.  I don't know why they followed me.  :ph34r:

Neither do we.......

The answer is simply that, as we found out that night when she shoved the GPS in my face and pointed to the track line and said something to me, THERE IS JUST NO ARGUING WITH SOME WOMEN.

yes, this will happen. i just have to see what my schedule is like in july. my wife is leaving for active duty in the USAF in mid july so sometime after that we will do this. right now, life revolves around packing her up and getting her ready to head out to her duty station in california.

db

yes, this will happen. i just have to see what my schedule is like in july. my wife is leaving for active duty in the USAF in mid july so sometime after that we will do this. right now, life revolves around packing her up and getting her ready to head out to her duty station in california.

db

Godspeed and safe return to Mrs. dboggny!

Has this idea died a quiet death? I was following it before it mysteriously dropped off the radar screen. Let me know, I would be interested depending on my schedule.

Dave

QUOTE (dboggny @ Jun 27 2005, 07:19 PM)

db 

Has this idea died a quiet death? I was following it before it mysteriously dropped off the radar screen. Let me know, I would be interested depending on my schedule.

Dave

QUOTE (dboggny @ Jun 27 2005, 07:19 PM)

db 

Your trying to tell me something....aren't you?! B)

So JoeFrog and I talked about this at the G.O.N.E. event this weekend and decided that it would happen on Sat, Sept 24th in the evening. Since he actually lives in NY, he's going to get us a waypoint and give us a time to meet. All are welcome. At this point, I don't think there will be any event smiley with this as it will be just an informal gathering.

This sounds like it will be an interesting and fun time. At this point, there are 3 of us who will be there. Anyone else is more than welcome to join us and encouraged to!

So JoeFrog and I talked about this at the G.O.N.E. event this weekend and decided that it would happen on Sat, Sept 24th in the evening. Since he actually lives in NY, he's going to get us a waypoint and give us a time to meet. All are welcome. At this point, I don't think there will be any event smiley with this as it will be just an informal gathering.

This sounds like it will be an interesting and fun time. At this point, there are 3 of us who will be there. Anyone else is more than welcome to join us and encouraged to!

At the very least, we can meet up and consume mass quantities of adult beverages. B) God knows I need one right about now!