Geotags.co.uk

So, how come us putting this on is classed as commercial, but the one for UK GeoCoins isn't?

Trust me, we won't be making big profits on this, just enough for us to cover costs, time, etc... myself and Rebel Alliance have already spent plenty time and money with developing the tags and have taken this on as a project so that others who have seen them and been impressed can have their own too at a very reasonable rate... we are not in the business of ripping people off! ;)

Cheers, StrongGale

Edited by StrongGale
The software we uise to produce them needs them in vector format. Once we work out how to convert from jpg to this format, then we should be ok for you to send in jpg format instead!

With programs like Corel Draw and Photoshop you can convert JPG images into Vetcor format.

See this site for very usefull info on laser cutting etc.

Info on Laser Cutting

Go to their "Technical" "Downloads" and "Extra" section for nice info that could help you

:D my geotags have just arrived :D

just like to say they look great thanks very much...and an extra thanks for the bonus :D

i hope you start to move alot more as the days go by...

well worth every penny...

thanks again

B.

I just went to the site to see about ordering some tags.

However I was dismayed to be presented with a popup screen informing me I'd "won" a holiday in Florida. I have already been contacted by the con artists running this holiday scam and have had to fight to get a large amount of money refunded. It was only by using UK distance selling and credit card law I was able to get my money back from my credit card company.

This is a widespread and increasingly well known SCAM. The Florida authorities know about it. They are targetting people from around the world and you can read of people's experiences here.

I will not be giving out ANY credit card details to ANY website advertising this company.

I have posted my feelings in a similar message on their website.

I just went to the site to see about ordering some tags.

However I was dismayed to be presented with a popup screen informing me I'd "won" a holiday in Florida. I have already been contacted by the con artists running this holiday scam and have had to fight to get a large amount of money refunded. It was only by using UK distance selling and credit card law I was able to get my money back from my credit card company.

This is a widespread and increasingly well known SCAM. The Florida authorities know about it. They are targetting people from around the world and you can read of people's experiences here.

I will not be giving out ANY credit card details to ANY website advertising this company.

I have posted my feelings in a similar message on their website.

It is a sad fact of life that you never get something for nothing in life. My advice is that if something seems too good to be true, the general rule of thumb is, that it is. Just keep your wits about you as the scam companies rely on the vulnerable and gullible.

I have received an order from GeoTags and have not had any problems at all. My order arrived within 4 days of my placing the order via the website. I am now ready to start caching in this country with my lovely shiny GeoTags! I cannot recommend them enough and shall most definitely be placing new orders and recommend them to my caching family in Spain.

I should be careful about associating GeoTags with the scam companies. As one of their now loyal customers I feel dismayed by your comments.

Edited by Artemisia

Reply to the Hornet.

Installing a pop-up stopper, or even Windows XP SP2, stops the majority of pop ups. Pop ups are a way of life and you just have to learn to live with them.

However, I am VERY upset at your comments implying that my website is potentually committing fraudulent activities. I have been running websites for over seven years and this is the most offensive comment that I have had. We DON'T take credit card payments on the site, only Personal Cheque and PayPal, of which I am a validated member. To say that we're in cahoots with a scam because you got a pop up is ludicrous! The pop-up only appears because the forum is a free-managed service.... I could register and pay a fee, but would then have to pass this onto the cost of the tags.

I am, as we speak, contemplating whether to continue with the GeoTags. Myself, Mick and Chris have put many hours into this without payment after many enquiries for the tags. We are making very little, and when I say very little, I mean it, I could earn more per hour on minimum wage! We offered this as a service to cachers and the costs are so we're not left out of pocket, which is only fair.

Sometimes I don't know why I bother....

A very annoyed StrongGale

I did not suggest you were "in cahoots" with this company nor was I suggesting that you were committing the scam. I have re-read my original post and nowhere did I accuse you of doing anything fraudulent. What I did do was to question your being involved in helping to advertise another fraudulent company.

However the advert for the scam came up as a result of me navigating your site. As a site user I don't know where it came from, all I know is that it appeared on my computer when I went onto your site.

Once I saw it I didn't bother going to the ordering screen so I didn't see whether you used credit card payments or not.

Your Geotags are undoubtedly very good value for money, so it might be worth a little extra to use the facilities of a site that doesn't tempt you into areas I consider unwise.

Got the notification and meant to order earlier, but forgot to... Order placed now and had no problems with pop-ups on the site.

(Using Firefox, firewall, anti-virus and ad-aware)

I assume that my avatar would be classed as an image only?

Matt

I've removed the forum from the site, so it should be now 100% pop-up free!

Any questions, simply email us through the site.

Hopefully, this will help calm the waters a bit, especially as I've mellowed out a bit (note to self - wait a couple of hours before posting!) :-)

Cheers, SG