Travel Bug Questions

badlands

Travel Bug Questions

I found a travel bug that wasn’t logged into the cache and doesn’t have a name. What’s the best way to identify it so I can log it and put it back into circulation? All I have to go on is the 6 digit number on the tag.

I have a travel bug that wants to travel and see the world. I have a friend going to Paris over the 4th of July weekend and is willing to take it along and take pictures. Since I’m not going, is it ok to log the bug into a French cache and then back out so it picks up the mileage even though that cache isn’t actually going to be found?

Most of the time I don’t trade, but I do pick up travel bugs. If I log it T-TB LNSL, it sounds like I’m taking something but leaving nothing. Logging TNLNSL Took TB doesn’t sound right either. What’s the correct way to log it?

Well. you should be able to tell who or where currently has the bug. If you can wait, wait, otherwise three days is enough time to grab it, drop it in the cache you found it in. Then retrieve it and move it along.

It's been several days. All I have to go on is the id number etched into the tag, there is no other name on it. How do I put a name to it with only the number on the tag itself?

Well. you should be able to tell who or where currently has the bug. If you can wait, wait, otherwise three days is enough time to grab it, drop it in the cache you found it in. Then retrieve it and move it along.

It's been several days. All I have to go on is the id number etched into the tag, there is no other name on it. How do I put a name to it with only the number on the tag itself?

If you go to the geocaching.com main site and click on Track Travel bugs on the left hand side you will be taken to the travel bug page where you can enter that number on the right hand side under "travel bug lookup" hope that helps ya.

If you go to the geocaching.com main site and click on Track Travel bugs on the left hand side you will be taken to the travel bug page where you can enter that number on the right hand side under "travel bug lookup" hope that helps ya.

I had to think about it, glad I match your instructions!