So Much For Weekend Days Spent At Home :)

ScottFla

After buying a GPS yesterday (Explorist 100, worked fine, got me right on the caches!) I found two brand new caches and after printing out the page, was on my way around noon today.

The first one was on a paved bike path and since I read the encrypted message, I found it without too much of a problem. It was well hidden, though. The cool thing is, I was the first to find it!

The next cache was on the other side of town but I made it there and started off on the trail. This one was a hike! But I did see a racoon on the way in and a family of armadillo on the way out, so it was awesome. I found the cache with a bit of work and was the first to find this one, as well!

All in all, this is a much better way to spend a few hours of my weekend instead of watching tv. I can't wait til my nine year old stepdaughter goes out with me.

Edited by ScottFla

Geocaching with kids is a hoot! I go with my 8-year-old granddaughter, who enjoys the woods, the hunt, the swag, the map and compass work, using the GPSr, spotting animals, identifying plants and animal tracks, and most of all--leading the way.

And like the weasel said--my lawn didn't get mowed this weekend.

A friendly warning...

Geocaching will slowly take over your brain. It will consume all your thoughts as you think about caches you've found, daydream about finding caches during the coming weekend (or maybe after work), or try to think up neat places to hide caches.

But it's all good! (Except for the ticks...I had 20 of them on me after caching yesterday, and somehow I passed them onto my wife who didn't even come with me...I got in trouble for that one).

Have fun and welcome!

Jim

Run away!!! Those two caches were traps to get you hooked!!

From now on you will be plagued with urban micros and caches containing (shudder) golfballs!! If you ever post to the forums again you will be blasted by folks telling you "that's already been discussed." And you will be shunned by former friends as you begin to spend more and more time sorting your Tupperware collection... Ah, well... it's probably too late already. Welcome to the game!!

Well, my 18 month old is home sick today and I stayed home with him... and what are we doing? He is asking to see the 'baby' which is a screensaver of him and his sister at a local beach, and I am about to go find some more caches for after my wife gets home!