Sorting Caches

I am wondering if there is any discussion about being able to sort your "seek Finds" not only by distance from some location, but also by direction. It would be great to be able to have all of the caches that are SE from a point for example sort by distance and direction, then those of S etc. This would make it simple to sort your printouts and you could easily say- I'm going SE today what are the nearby caches? This may not be capable of being implemented. Just thought there might be others that would enjoy the feature too. Thanks. Moo (Melissa) of Moo and Wug Smith

Another vote for Watcher (or GSAK).

GSAK is definitely the more powerful and feature rich program, but with all those features comes a bit of a steep learning curve. Watcher is more basic in it's function, but is pretty intuitive to get started. Either program will do what you want.

34a378ba-72fa-4586-a2f0-48109e1fbe1a.jpg

Don't forget CacheMate

I use CacheMate ($8) to load Cache Pages on a PDA. Then you can check for nearby Caches in any or all directions while you are "on the road".

LaPaglia Posted on Jun 19 2005, 05:34 AM

Yet another reason to be a premium member. There are programs like watcher that will let you sort a PQ by direction.

In order to use any of the solutions mentioned in this thread, you have to buy a Premium Membership from Groundpseak to access the necessary data. The cost of a Premium Membership is $3 per Month or $30 per Year.

sort your "seek Finds" not only by distance from some location, but also by direction. It would be great to be able to have all of the caches that are SE from a point for example sort by distance and direction, then those of S etc.

Boy do we know the feeling! We just moved to WI from Maine this past december and finally had a chance to go gc'ing this past weekend. Most of the time caches are named with a hint of the location, like Timms Hill or Slough Gundy, etc. However, we had 8 caches planned & only managed to get to 4 b/c a few of them were in the complete opposite direction (and up until 10 minutes ago, I hadn't bothered to become a premium member).

One hint that I did notice tonight, if you print out the pages and use the "print friendly" link underneath the Waypoint it will bring you to a decent page with half decent map & a little icon under your co-ords to show you the N/S/E/W directions. I was putting together a little book of all the caches E within 60 miles, all the caches S, etc.

~Happy Caching,

Liss

I use GSAK and much of the info (via LOC file downloads) does not get 'loaded' - as in the difficulty or terrain , the state (although I am prompted for that) and no last found/last log info.

Is that info only in PQ or GPX file?

Yup, only in the GPX files, which are a premium feature.