Ever Wanted A Free El Diablo Hiking Staff?

I'd post a pic but none of mine would win :D

Post, post! I think that most of the fun for us is to see everybody's pictures. ;) I don't expect to win, but I sure enjoy looking. It also brings back good memories, even if they are rather recent! :D

Quick! Post a pic before he posts again!

;)

While not necessarily my favorite, I thhink this one is worthy because it was taken from the abandoned Kettle Valley railway railbed in the Coquihalla Canyon between tunnels while enroute to Othello Tunnels (GC80CB).

This was panoramic was taken just prior to the closure of the tunnels to public access due to extreme rockfall hazard. It may be a long long time before someone else can get a photo of the canyon from this location.

Stitched together from a a series of photos, this pano spans about 100° field of view from left to right.

Click on the image below for a larger one if you want.

Coquihalla-small.jpg

Edited by Deneye

Adventure caching at it's best! Did a whitwater caching trip last year, doing 10 caches along the class 4 Wenatchee River. Just before the cache Boulder Bend we hit a log and popped part of our raft. Several of us voted to complete the trip anyway. Can't keep some of us from caching! :anitongue:

PICT0014.jpg

Me, TotemLake, and MarcusArelius.

Edited by all41

Very hard to pick out one, but this was taken back in February when I was very new to this Geocaching game.

LateAfternoonLight.jpg

It was after a successful hunt for Lawson #2 and Lawson #3, but an unsuccessful attempt at Lawson #4. The day had been overcast, but after turning back from the attempt at the summit and heading down part of the way, the sun appeared. I walked back up to the top of the ridge to get some pictures.

That diversion delayed my 1.5 mile walk back to the car so that it was almost dark when I got there. After that I put a flashlight, and headlamp, in my Geocaching pack.

The log for that one is found here.

Wow, there are some great pics in this thread. Its going to be hard for whomever has to make the decision of who wins!

The community will decide, and you're right, it will be a tough decision!

I would love to see this topic renamed to "Post your caching picture here." after the contest. It has been awesome to see all these pictures.

This might be the best contest that I've come up with so far! :anitongue:

El Diablo

Post your best picture taken while caching.

The rules are that you must have taken the picture while caching, which means you need to be able to link it to the cache you were hunting at the time....

The rest of the rules I'll make up as we go along.

El Diablo

One question. Does a picture taken while hunting for the hiding spot for this elusive and difficult cache count.

6071c929-e993-4d1a-8b35-206f44abe263.jpg

Yes. I consider hunting for a spot to place a cache as being a part of caching.

El Diablo

Post your best picture taken while caching.

The rules are that you must have taken the picture while caching, which means you need to be able to link it to the cache you were hunting at the time....

The rest of the rules I'll make up as we go along.

El Diablo

One question. Does a picture taken while hunting for the hiding spot for this elusive and difficult cache count.

Yes. I consider hunting for a spot to place a cache as being a part of caching.

El Diablo

Thank You. Question is answered.