Keystone, I’ve Stolen Your Avatar…

sig_popcorn.gif

When did the entire fora go out of it's skull???

When I worked in Social Services the Director of a center told me that they tracked 'events' and noticed that things got wacky three days before and three days after a full moon.

The next one this month is the 22nd but the summer solstice may be an added factor.

sig_popcorn.gif

When I worked in Social Services the Director of a center told me that they tracked 'events' and noticed that things got wacky three days before and three days after a full moon.

The next one this month is the 22nd but the summer solstice may be an added factor.

I think the director is mistaken. Isn't it things gets crazy the week before and the week after the NEW moon & the week before and the week after the Full moon? :yikes::P

Shirley thinks it is the resonances from all the large earthquakes causing synaptic interference. Now where's my aluminum hat.

John

sig_popcorn.gif

I think the director is mistaken. Isn't it things gets crazy the week before and the week after the NEW moon & the week before and the week after the Full moon? :P:D

Shirley thinks it is the resonances from all the large earthquakes causing synaptic interference. Now where's my aluminum hat.

John

right here! :yikes::P

Sept1c, in all honesty I think this thread was maybe a bad idea, while the other one was kind of fun. Maybe you would consider locking this one and re-opening the other instead (or leave it locked too, up to you obviously)? I think you meant well, but it didn't work out well. :yikes:

Now where's my aluminum hat.

I kid you not, there was this homeless gentleman that hung around in the area I used to work in Daytona. He actually wore a sort of hat that was part aluminum foil. It was about 2 inches thick and had a massive amounts of duct tape. We speculated it was taped to his head. We never got up the nerve to ask him as he looked like a modern, urban version (post apocalyptic?) of a mountain man complete with impressive-looking walking staff. There was a distinct "wildness" to his eyes.

Of course, Daytona, and I'm sure most of FL, attracted all sorts of interesting folk.

I kid you not, there was this homeless gentleman that hung around in the area I used to work in Daytona.  He actually wore a sort of hat that was part aluminum foil.  It was about 2 inches thick and had a massive amounts of duct tape.  We speculated it was taped to his head.  We never got up the nerve to ask him as he looked like a modern, urban version (post apocalyptic?) of a mountain man complete with impressive-looking walking staff.  There was a distinct "wildness" to his eyes.

Just after college, I lived for a few years in a dodgy neighborhood in Pawtucket, RI. The building was an old boarding house transmogrified into one-room apartments, full of a mixed assortment of elderly poor, junkies, prostitutes and nutcases. And me. I'd like to think I didn't fit somehow.

Anyway, the woman across from me was always rather pathetically nice, but clearly crazy. One night, she apparantly filled her bathtub with all her clothing, turned on the tap, and refused to turn it off. After water poured through the ceiling downstairs for a few hours and nobody responded to the screams, the police came and took her away. They left her door open.

We, her neighbors, crept in furtively for a gander. I remember it smelled, and there were chicken bones scattered about. Mostly, though, I remember there were many squares of aluminum foil, neatly folded and attached to the walls at various heights in various positions. "Strategically placed" I find myself wanting to say.

Surely somebody, somewhere has done a dissertation on the attraction of insane persons to aluminum foil.

Hello,

I have received the many "report this post" e-mails, private messages and e-mails, and I have read the developments in this thread, all with great disappointment. Rather than answering everyone individually, I will simply post here.

Unfortunately, because I seem to have been targeted as the subject of this thread, and have responded to personal jabs in this thread, I consider myself disqualified from exercising my moderator powers. There are four other moderators for the Geocaching Topics forum, for this very reason. One of them will need to decide upon a proper course of action.

This attention is most unwanted and comes at a time when I am being criticized on a number of other fronts incident to my duties as a volunteer for the website. It makes me wonder why I do that work.

...This attention is most unwanted and comes at a time when I am being criticized on a number of other fronts incident to my duties as a volunteer for the website. It makes me wonder why I do that work.

We still love and respect you, Keystone. You're doing a great job, but perhaps feeling just a bit brittle today, eh? Happens to many of us on certain occasions.

Dr. Everitt's perscription is the malt beverage of your choice--in liberal quantities--and stay away from the forums for 24 hours. :yikes:

I like Keystone. I like Keystone's avatar.

Not long ago in another thread, I made a mockery of Keystone's avatar by posting a modified version of it. At the time, I thought it was funny. Later I felt bad, so I PM'd Keystone, and sent an apology. He PM'd me back and made me feel all better again.

Thanks, Keystone! :yikes:

Sept1c, in all honesty I think this thread was maybe a bad idea, while the other one was kind of fun. Maybe you would consider locking this one and re-opening the other instead (or leave it locked too, up to you obviously)? I think you meant well, but it didn't work out well.    :D

Yep.

I went out today and played golf. We went to the big ice cream place that uses that cold stone thing and pigged out after that. We bought a new PC game and played for a while.

Then I opened my email.

:D

:P

Sorry I was not around earlier. :yikes:

Some of you should take up golf. :P

5_400.jpg