Bother. Garmin 60cs Took A Dump. . .

I don't know what's going on, but my practically brand new 60CS refuses to turn on. I was just using it this morning to punch in some coordinates, and then when I went out to look for a cache, it refused to turn on. I figured it was just the batteries, but there is no change with new ones.

I even tried leaving the batteries out for about half an hour, but it still won't switch on. Is it a trip back to Garmin for my unit?

To EVERYONE ..... Use any new unit for a week before registering it to the parent company for warranties. Do not make any firmware upgrades! If it is defective TAKE IT BACK to where you bought it and ask for a replacement. If you bought it by credit card, contact your credit card company for assistance in getting the selling merchant to replace the defective product. YOU HAVE LEGAL RIGHTS to receive a working product.

Otherwise contact the parent company and send it back for repairs .... which in Garmin's case is about a week turnaround.

:o ImpalaBob

Have you tried using external power (car adapter etc)?

Did you buy from a store or online? If you have to return it, that is one remaining perk of a store purchase.. you can walk in & return/replace a dud unit in one day. Online might be cheaper, but less convenient if you have a problem like that.

Alas, I bought it online. And, I've had it over a month and used it enough to go through several sets of batteries (I had it on a road trip). I'm afraid I'm probably going to have to send it to Garmin. I've got an e-mail into them right now, since "Why has my unit just totally and suddenly quit working?" is not one of the listed FAQs.

I really hope I get called back to work today (there is a real possibility). It stinks being unemployed and not having a working GPS unit.