Buying Pre-made Cache Containers

I was putting out this post to see if anyone in the caching community (anywhere in the US) that would be interested in buying pre-made caches if they were to be sold somewhere like Ebay. Cammoed containers, micros, etc. Just wondering... :P

Edited by altosaxplayer
I was putting out this post to see if anyone in the caching community (anywhere in the US) that would be interested in buying pre-made caches if they were to be sold somewhere like Ebay. Cammoed containers, micros, etc. Just wondering... :P

Its been done before. Just proves there is a sucker born every minute.

A ready to go cache might sell.

Pre-labeled (fill in the coords and name)

Several camo schemes to chose from

Filled with swag

Geo note, log book and pencil/pen/sharpener.

What would the sale price be? I currently spend about $15 for the described cache.

I wonder how many "suckers" have bought THESE or THESE? :P

That'd be the big thing... an ammo can that has been camo'd for lush green woodlands would stick out like a sore thumb in the desert...

Other than that, I think it is an interesting prospect, but like VCH said, part of the fun is in making the cache, but not everyone thinks the same way...

Happy Caching

Jeff

Filled with swag

What would the sale price be? I currently spend about $15 for the described cache.

When you say "pre-labeled", do you mean that they have the spot picked out and will give you the coords, or they are replacing the cache with a new one? I'm not sure how you do the quote. :P

Edited by altosaxplayer

I'll go one further...

Call now to get your COMPLETE CACHE set up and installed today!

Your cache will include the following:

A ready to go cache container.

Pre-labeled with your name and coords

Lots of quality swag!

For only $49.95, I will take your newly registered COMPLETE CACHE and place it in a GREAT cache hiding spot and submit it to geocaching.com for approval!

(Disclaimer: No guarantees that your COMPLETE CACHE will receive approval from geocaching.com COMPLETE CACHE is in no way associated with Groundspeak, geocaching.com or any of their subsidiaries.)

:D:P:P:D

I'll go one further...

Lots of quality swag!

For only $49.95, I will take your newly registered COMPLETE CACHE and place it in a GREAT cache hiding spot and submit it to geocaching.com for approval!

(Disclaimer: No guarantees that your COMPLETE CACHE will receive approval from geocaching.com COMPLETE CACHE is in no way associated with Groundspeak, geocaching.com or any of their subsidiaries.)

:D:P:P:D

Thats just down right hallrious

I dont care who you are thats funny!

Well, I'm sure that there is some interest, as I've seen cache containers on eBay before, but i prefer to make my own. Part of the fun I get out of hiding a cache is being creative and making something unique.

Just my thoughts.

I agree 100 percent half the fun is making the whole thing. Also if I make it it is unique. If you sell it then it is just another film cannister. I guess the only exception would be if you had tools to make some thing really unique but then it wouldn't be unique eventually. So GL any way.

Cheers

I've been selling my rocks and acorns and stuff on ebay for a little while now.

I sold a few camoed ammo cans full of swag last summer. There really wasn't a profit in selling them. You have to think about how much you have invested. The ammo can costs three to five bucks (assuming you didn't win a govt auction for 1000 of them). The pencil and log book will cost you 50 cents if you buy them in bulk. The swag is going to cost you at least a few bucks (you don't want to sell a box full of junk). You have to buy the paint to camo the can. If you use a stencil, that has to be made or purchased. The finished product must be boxed up and shipped. Shipping for this might cost 6 or 7 bucks. Finally, ebay and Paypal will take their cut.

When its all over, you have a product that cost you maybe 17 to 20 dollars to create and get to the buyer. Chances are, you are not going to be able to consistently sell them for this price.

You bet. I've sold about a half dozen. What can I say? I just like putting them together. Then when I'm sitting there looking at 8 fully stocked caches I say to myself " I'll never hide all of these this week" and then I'll sell a couple. :P I'll usually start the bidding at $4.00 and take what I get, not looking to make money on the deal.

When you search ebay, just try looking for hide a key and you'll save a couple of bucks. I won a thermometer hide a key with the bid of a buck. Of course shipping was a few bucks but it was less than I could have picked up locally. It seems they think some cachers are suckers and by simply adding the word "geocaching" adds about 2 - 3 bucks to the minimum price.

Filled with swag

When you say "pre-labeled", do you mean that they have the spot picked out and will give you the coords, or they are replacing the cache with a new one? I'm not sure how you do the quote. :P

click the button in the upper right hand side of the post you want to quote.

I was thinking about the pre-printed labels available places like this

While there are issues with selling a complete geocache because of expense. I've seen them go over very well as door prizes at events.

Our leader, Tinsparrow, created several of these complete with unactivated TBs. They were a hit!

Ditto's that.

I'll go one further...

Lots of quality swag!

(Disclaimer:  No guarantees that your COMPLETE CACHE will receive approval from geocaching.com  COMPLETE CACHE is in no way associated with Groundspeak, geocaching.com or any of their subsidiaries.)

:D  B)  :P  :D

Thats just down right hallrious

I dont care who you are thats funny!

…and if you order before midnight tonight we will even send someone out to find the cache for you, log it in your name and send you email with confirmation of your find.

:D:DB)