Gsak (geocaching Swiss Army Knife)

ClydeE

Apparently, I over looked a GPX file that "I" created.  I used the shortname the the code.  It was getting pulling in with the other files.  I dont know now why it was importing, but once I removed it. I was able to get rid of the duplicates.

If you selected "Load a folder of files" in the GSAK "Load GPX/LOC File" dialog and either saved it in the settings you're using with Get Mail or are running Get Mail with the "settings" set to "Last Active", then GSAK will import all files in the folder when it does the Get Mail load.

If you've also told GSAK to save the downloaded PQ's in the same folder as other GPX file(s) you created ("Get Mail" dialog), GSAK will import ALL the files in that folder, and you will have the same waypoint listed in two different ways.

The easy solution is to create a separate folder for "Get Mail" to save downloaded PQ's in. Then you don't have to worry about having a GPX file you created with different settings being accidentally pulled into the Get Mail load.

I just set up my new XP computer. I loaded GSAK (unreg) and tried to send wps to my GPSMAP 60cs. I got an error screen;

Error sending wp setupDiEnumDeviceInterface; no more dadta available

Is unit powered and connected [error] sending wp; unknown wp protocol

I have no idea what that means. So, feeling a little guilty I paid for registration and am now requesting help.

Thanks.

I just set up my new XP computer. I loaded GSAK (unreg) and tried to send wps to my GPSMAP 60cs. I got an error screen;

Error sending wp setupDiEnumDeviceInterface; no more dadta available

Is unit powered and connected [error] sending wp; unknown wp protocol

I have no idea what that means. So, feeling a little guilty I paid for registration and am now requesting help.

Thanks.

The 60cs supporst both USB and serial transfer of waypoints.

This error message would indicate you have set up GSAK to talk to your 60cs using USB, however the USB drivers for the 60cs have not been loaded.

More information can be found in this thread

There is also a very good FAQ for the 60cs

ok here's my ? when In signed up for gsak I didn't use Vagabond but my actual name Will I still be able to log my finds using gsak semi automactic logging.

Thanks in advance

The semi automatic logging has nothing to do with the name GSAK is registered under (this is used in my registration database only).

When using this feature you must make sure that you have manually logged into GC.com with your Groundspeak user name and password. This is how gc.com know exactly who you are when the logging is done.

Clyde, are you auto-stripping the initial "Published" note out?

If not, could this be added to the list? May not be possible for other reasons (unarchived cache, etc), but thought I'd ask. Waste of a log entry, IMHO.

Personally, I would prefer if they're not stripped out. Often it's nice to know who approved it when there is a problem with it.

Are there other things stripped out?

No - Logs are never stripped out by GSAK.

If GSAK doesn't recognize a log  type it just shows it as a note.

I would rather not strip out any logs as there will always be users that will want them for one reason or another.

Could you maybe set it as on option? So those who don't want them can not include them and those who want them can have them. Probably set it so that it defaults to including them.

I would rather not strip out any logs as there will always be users that will want them for one reason or another.

Could you maybe set it as on option? So those who don't want them can not include them and those who want them can have them. Probably set it so that it defaults to including them.

I will look at adding this (also don't forget you can delete individual logs via the row right click menu and bulk logs via the Database menu)

I will look at adding this (also don't forget you can delete individual logs via the row right click menu and bulk logs via the Database menu)

Definitely a better solution than my original request. Thanks for taking a look at it.

Forgive me if this has been addressed already. I read through 7 pages of this thread, and wanted to find a solution to my problem a bit more quickly.

I have zero problems uing GSAK with Cachemate, or Mapsend Topo in the US. My problem is trying to export a National Geographic Topo file.

I want to export a group of wayponts, and add them to NatGeo but can't do it succesfully.

I click on File, Export, NatGeoTopo TPG file.

I place the file on my desktop.

I try to open this file, while in NatGeo, by clicking Handhelds, Import wizard, I select "In a text file that lists waypoints, routes, and/or tracks.

The problem is this. GSAK tries to look for a GPS TXT file, but the Topo file is a TPG file. I have to change the search to "all files" in order to find the TPG file.

I open the TPG file, but don't know what items to select in the "Multiple page" TOPO Waypoint Wizard. So far, I have not succesfully exported waypoints to the map once.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Forgive me if this has been addressed already. I read through 7 pages of this thread, and wanted to find a solution to my problem a bit more quickly.

I have zero problems uing GSAK with Cachemate, or Mapsend Topo in the US. My problem is trying to export a National Geographic Topo file.

I want to export a group of wayponts, and add them to NatGeo but can't do it succesfully.

I try to open this file, while in NatGeo, by clicking Handhelds, Import wizard, I select "In a text file that lists waypoints, routes, and/or tracks.

The problem is this. GSAK tries to look for a GPS TXT file, but the Topo file is a TPG file. I have to change the search to "all files" in order to find the TPG file.

I open the TPG file, but don't know what items to select in the "Multiple page" TOPO Waypoint Wizard. So far, I have not succesfully exported waypoints to the map once.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance for your help.

sorry Kit, but you lost me. I don't use NG Topo but once you save the GSAK file on your desktop I would think you would be done with GSAK.

but then you say -

The problem is this. GSAK tries to look for a GPS TXT file, but the Topo file is a

TPG file. I have to change the search to "all files" in order to find the TPG file.

So are you trying to open it in NG Topo (what I would expect) or in GSAK?

Your last question on the Topo Wizard will have to be answered by someone else who had it.

cc\

If you are trying to send a set of waypoints FROM GSAK TO NGTopo, then export from GSAK then go to NG's Topo screen, then "File">"Merge .tpo" or "Merge .tpg".

Is this what you mean?

Edited for clarity

Edited by Old Bill

If you are trying to send a set of waypoints FROM GSAK TO NGTopo, then export from GSAK then go to NG's Topo screen, then "File">"Merge .tpo" or "Merge .tpg".

Is this what you mean?

Edited for clarity

:lol: We have a winner :lol::lol::)

I can't believe it was that simple :lol: .

Thanks Old Bill, you made my day.