Quest For The Ring Of Power

Unfortunatly haven't been able to watch the video as the modem is toooo slow :blink: but I'm sure from all the comments it must have been funny and you guys had a good time. We have just come back from a week in the Lakes and did the Quest over 2 days. It was great fun, the best cache we've ever done :( . Its amazing what people will do at other peoples instruction, walking through a flooded 200m tunnel (we did that at 9pm), who would in their right mind normally do that? :D As for the hike up Mount Doom, to quote Sparticus, "vertical" is probably the correct description of the final part. Great fun and has got to be the best cache. Can't wait to get broadband and see the movie.

be careful, some of the slopes were slippy last week, but now after the storms they will be lethal! (especially the one at Iron)

Thanks for the tip-off...

I'm thinking of recording the day for prosperity! Not sure it would match the comedy genius of the quest for the Ring of Power trailer...

Matt

Wow, that's an old thread to bump!

I completed a rough edit of all the footage from that day, but the "trailer" style was much better, and it's the only one I watch to be reminded of a great day!

There are links to a Halloween bash video and a Cachers at Christmas video on my profile page.

Next event is Carry on Camping, and I'm sure that will produce amusing footage! ;):)

It's here. Sadly, the owner archived it in December with a view to improving one of the weaker stages. He recently posted a note to say he'll up there in 4 weeks to resurrect it.

Let's hope he reconsiders the placement of the micros two of which are in dry stone walls! :D:D:D Such a shame as this is one of the truly great "flagship" caches, which has introduced many into geocaching.