Quest For The Ring Of Power

Glad everyone liked it! It was an excellent day. I'm sure Peter Jackson will be on the phone begging me to direct The Hobbit when he sees this :)

Simply Paul, feel free to link to it...

How about a London pub event for the premiere screening of the longer version. It won't be *that* good, but any excuse for beers....?

Regarding a London Meet.

This thread was around a while ago and there was a suggestion of a meeting in the usual pub as there are some visitors from the states around that time.

How does that go with your production schedule?

Thursday 1st September works for me. I think the February one was a Thursday too, and that turned out to be a good night for most I think.

Any takers? Probably warrants a new thread....

Hey Paul. You made the quest look sooo easy.

To those who don't know, the quest for the ring has got to be one of the best caches in the UK. Different locations and all of them great. No2 you saw in the trailer has got to be the best, and mount doom lived up to its name (no, not me).

Hope your leg has healed after that fall from the bridge (Hee Hee) :D:D:D

He really DID fall from that bridge you know, and hurt his leg :D . It was just after No3 and we had three more to go. Oh did we laugh. :D:):D

Edited by Sparticus

Thursday 1st September works for me. I think the February one was a Thursday too, and that turned out to be a good night for most I think.

Any takers? Probably warrants a new thread....

If I remember correctly, the 1st Sept was not a good night for Learned Gerbil, or our foreign visitors, but have a quick look through the thread to be sure.

I would be OK for either 1 or 2 Sept. So I'll go with the flow.

That looks like a heck of a cache adventure.

I posted my video on our local board, but maybe you guy would ge interested in caching across the pond. This a part of a bigger video I was making for our family. Just our caching from 2004.

Video

Some very sneaky caches in there if you look carefully. I hope this doesn't give a certain cacher near me any more evil ideas, I have enough trouble with his caches already

He really DID fall from that bridge you know, and hurt his leg :D . It was just after No3 and we had three more to go. Oh did we laugh. :):D:D

If anyone wants to apply for the position of "stunt LordElph" they are more than welcome.

It's healing nicely thanks but it still hurts! Oh how I suffer for my art.... :D

Passed it around some mates who have just started caching and a trip up to the lakes is now in the planning stage, specificaly to get this cache.

Is this cache worth 20 normal caches? :ph34r:

This is the best cache I've ever done. Great locations. We completed it in around Ten hours. We had a fair bit of help from the cache owner and a recon mission was carried out two days prior to the attempt so the locations were mostly known before the cache trip. :lol::P

I would say to would be adventurers, plan it well and do it over two days. Stopping after three seems a good idea as there are lots of this to see and do around this one. 4 5 and final would be easily done in a day. :lol:

And make sure your level of fitness is upto scratch. The walk up the near vertical mount doom nearly killed me. :D

Good luck. If I was going to plan a trip especially for one cache then this would be the one. I'll keep watching for your log entries in the not too distant future.

Andrew