78 Hours To Go.....

Yes 78 hours to go in the North Yorkshire Meet 2004 Travel Bug Race

The final deadline is 5pm Friday 17th June 2005 (the day before the 2005 North Yorkshire Meet)

For full position at present Click here

In summary as of today:-

1st Slytherin 32,390 miles

2nd Leoness 29,535 miles

3rd Maxkim 24,328 miles

4th Harrogate Hunters (Who !) 18,656 miles

16th Pengy & Tigger 307 miles

May I now say a public thank you for everyone who took place in this years race, and thanks for keeping to the rules....

See you all on Saturday and here's to the 2005 Race.....

A fairly respectable 8590 miles but 85% of those miles were in the last two months. If only it started off at that rate and there still is time??? :):D

Unfortunately I won't be able to attend this year as I'll still be offshore but would be there again if I was home only would leave the local caching until after the event so as not to be the last person to show up.

Thanks to the Harrogate Hunters for organizing the TB race as it was enjoyable to watch througout the year and hope all who attend this year's event have a great time.

1st                Slytherin                                32,390 miles

Hmmmm ..... Just a couple of observations:

Item: Slytherin first placed his in the A1/M62 bug hotel at Ferrybridge. :)

Item: Rule 4 clearly states: "Place it in the nearest cache to your own home.". :D

I realise that Slytherin described this home area as "the Great West Yorkshire Cache Desert" but was there really no nearer cache to Birstall?:D :D

I smell a Steward's Enquiry... :D

Now I've just got to disqualify the remaining 12 that are ahead of me!! :D:D:D:D

Item:  Slytherin first placed his in the A1/M62 bug hotel at Ferrybridge.  :)

Item:  Rule 4 clearly states: "Place it in the nearest cache to your own home.".  :D

I realise that Slytherin described this home area as "the Great West Yorkshire Cache Desert" but was there really no nearer cache to Birstall?:D :D

I smell a Steward's Enquiry...  :D

If it's coming to this, then stick the race up your arse. :D

Edited by SlytherinAlex
Item:  Rule 4 clearly states: "Place it in the nearest cache to your own home.".  :mad:

I'm sure it was discussed at the event itself that this rule would be relaxed to 'a cache near home', although I could be mistaken (It was nearly a year ago).

T

Hi everyone

Just keep it calm !

I am assuming the the above has just been a bit of fun in the forums, but I must comment that the race has been run exceptionally well and I am 100% pleased with its outcome.

If not, the 2005 race would not be taking place !

P&T were correct I relaxed this rule on the day, as it was a bit over the top and said that the TB could be placed near to home. The rule was to stop people first logging it into the Harrogate Meet cache, then travelling home and logging up miles etc etc

I think that everyone has enjoyed the race, and is looking forward to the 2005 race, with its different set of objectives...

Saturday roll on.... ITS PARTY TIME ! - See you all there.

Looks like mine's gone missing or been kidnapped!  :o  :)

At least it managed to go all the way around the world before it went missing.

Hooray! Harry has been found and is on the move again. B) Unfortunately, too late though as the race ends today. :)

At least I might be able to get him home now. :o