Cameras In Caches

I have just had an email telling me that JUST the logbook and cache disposable camera have been nicked from one of my caches. Otherwise the cache was in good repair.

This set me thinking ..... errr

Names, places, pictures, personal details - now in some creature's private hands with the piccies ..........

Ummmm - not so sure about cameras all of a sudden.

Your thoughts?

I have just had an email telling me that JUST the logbook and cache disposable camera have been nicked from one of my caches. Otherwise the cache was in good repair.

This set me thinking ..... errr

Names, places, pictures, personal details - now in some creature's private hands with the piccies ..........

Ummmm - not so sure about cameras all of a sudden.

Your thoughts?

I would NOT put a camera in any of my caches. There's now way that I would take a disposable camera in for processing when I had no idea at all what was on the film.

Paranoid? Yes, I think so. But I'm not taking any chances. There are some weird people about and I'm not about to get my collar felt because someone uses the camera to take some inapropraite pictures without my knowlegde.

-

I would NOT put a camera in any of my caches.  There's now way that I would take a disposable camera in for processing when I had no idea at all what was on the film.

Paranoid?  Yes, I think so.  But I'm not taking any chances.  There are some weird people about and I'm not about to get my collar felt because someone uses the camera to take some inapropraite pictures without my knowlegde.

One of our caches has a camera and judging by the number of visits, it must be almost ready for processing. I must admit I feel a bit paranoid about taking it in for processing. We've seen muggles write dodgy things in logbooks... has anyone ever had problems with dodgy photos? :ph34r:

Did see a Cheap Digital camera in a cache once (think it was Brad's Pitt

by -Phoenix- ) But never saw the photos. Mayby somebody swapped it for a mctoy.

yeah, I recovered it and found the cable was dodgy, and needed repair..... and frankly Ive not got round to it thanks for the reminder

OK, Ive sorted out my problem and heres the skinny on cheap digital cameras in caches.....

The camera I used was a 100K TDC-15, there is actualy one on ebay now for about £2.00

The thing to remember about cheap digital cameras is the CHEAP bit, which I found out when I tried to revpver the pictures from mine to find it blank.

After some experimentation I found the blankness was probably due to the extreamly simple and easy to use delete method on the camera, which means that its very easy for the unaware to delete the whole lot..... note the 'unaware' may have been me, I just dont know!

Bottom line, for £2.00 you cant really go wrong, but dont expect a whole lot from it and be prepared for dissapointment

Did see a Cheap Digital camera in a cache once (think it was Brad's Pitt

by -Phoenix- ) But never saw the photos. Mayby somebody swapped it for a mctoy.

The only trouble with cheap digital cameras, is they have no removable memory card. When the batteries die the photos are not saved.

<EDIT DUE to inacuracy>

true, Ive just tested this, and whilst you can remove the batteries you lose the pictures after about 1 minute

Edited by -Phoenix-

If we all got this paranoid abouts cameras in caches, there probably wouldnt be as many caches either. Some caches (such as ones up in north scotland) are placed on the tops of moutains which dont have footpaths leading to them and so cachers have to walk across 3 miles of bog and then asend the mountain to find the cache. Others are hidden in inner city parks, you never know what you are going to find when looking - it could be syringes, knives anything. If we got paranoid that we MIGHT find any of these at anytime whilst caching then, we would never go caching and geocaching would not exist