Congrats to CCCA

robert

:D:D SUPER COOL BEANS :D:D

Hope to meet you at the event on Saturday...I'm also glad to see that some of my caches have helped you get there (me and thousands of other cachers!!)

hopefully you get that chance someday. :D i consider myself lucky to live pretty close to lynn and her family, even if it is another state! :)

Congrats Lynn on hitting such a great milestone!!!

It has always been a great pleasure caching with you and can't wait til next time!!

You are such a great asset to this game!! You just don't do the quick and easy caches, you do them ALL!!

Thanks for being such a good caching friend to us!!

Jim & Pam (Prairiepartners)

Williams, IN

I can remember when I had more finds than Lynn. However when you only go caching once every month or two and find 3 to 4 caches and Lynn and her family find 30+ caches a week it did not take her long to pass me. Lynn and Kevin are some of the nicest people I have met through geocaching. I always enjoy caching with CCCA and look forward to my next chance to go caching with them.

Seeing as though I'm not quite halfway to my first thousand, 10,000 is a really hard number to picture. I'm really honored that five or six of those 10k were mine on your last trip here into Nashville.

Here's to thousands of miles, thousands of batteries, thousands of keychains, and thousands of great memories. May the next 10,000 caches be just as fun as the first 10,000 were, and may the cachers you encounter along the way love you as much as we do.

Oh I hate to do this.... there was one cache that she signed only the first stage at.... well... ummm.... my daughter is trying to figure out how to tell her #10,001 was number 10,000.... seems it was my daughter who makes the rules on her caches.... I'll try to talk her out of it.... other than that... CONGRATULATIONS!

(Did I scare ya'? :P )

Woohoo! Way to go Lynn! I knew it was coming up quick, but you got there faster than I thought.

I'm proud to have cached with her a couple times and had a blast. She's the only active geocacher in PA ahead of me, but not much of a chance to catch up... unless I can find a quick 6,000+ caches. Wow!

Hope you get back to Erie for some more caching soon. Plenty of new caches for you to find up here again.

Congrats again!

This weekend, our friend CCCooperAgency broke the 10,000 find mark, accomplishing an amazing feat! Congrats, Lynn, this is truly an amazing accomplishment!

Now THAT is a milestone to be talked about....

WTG Lynn!

Edited by Deneye
I looked at her finds and it seems she's had a goal in mind all along:

statemap.gif

:ph34r:

('CCCA!' for those of you visually impaired)

you counting the light or the red colored states? :lol:

Either way the map is wrong since she's done Pennsylvania and Tennesee, which are different colors on that map.

you counting the light or the red colored states?  :o

Either way the map is wrong since she's done Pennsylvania and Tennesee, which are different colors on that map.

I'm pretty sure he was joking :o plus she LIVES in PA so she better have a find or two there!!

anyway, lynn is resting comfortably today after her 10k finds and doing yard work... now maybe we have a chance to catch up :)

you counting the light or the red colored states?  :D

I'm pretty sure he was joking :lol: plus she LIVES in PA so she better have a find or two there!!

anyway, lynn is resting comfortably today after her 10k finds and doing yard work... now maybe we have a chance to catch up :D

I think I need to stay away from the bug-zapper... I just got it.

:lol: @ myself!

To place the 10,000 in a better perspective, Lynn has 387 active caches she's placed which is loads more than the finds I have or that most people have. Congrats to a really nice lady who knows how to give to this sport and is a really nice person. Alan :lol:

We've had the sincerest pleasure of meeting Lynn since she lives here in Pennsylvania. I was so enthralled with her numbers, I just had to run them. She's been caching since May 26, 2001. Imagine how "archaic" the caching system was back then. No quick downloads, etc., etc. Anyway, as of today, that's 1,487 days. With her 10,029 caches found (and she's probably behind in her logs), that's averaging 6.74 finds per day. At one point she averaged over 8 finds per day. That was back about 9 months ago before she started to slow down.

All that work that I put into finding ONE cache and she has zoomed past 10,000. Truly amazing!

Not to mention her 392 hides which translates to one hide every 5 days. She attended our most recent event, http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...&log=y&decrypt= where we presented her with a platinum ammo can. Very simple with no inscription. We'll save that for her 100,000th find. Imagine. When she started, how many caches were actually out there to find??

Here she is with the Caching Nuts (there 1000th find gold ammo can) with her platinum can.

http://groups.msn.com/LVGeoCachers/shoebox...oto&PhotoID=158

Lynn, I don't know how much time to spend reading the forums, but the caching community is in awe of you!!

To place the 10,000 in a better perspective, Lynn has 387 active caches she's placed which is loads more than the finds I have or that most people have. Congrats to a really nice lady who knows how to give to this sport and is a really nice person. Alan :D

Didn't she archive most of her caches during the "Ammo box versus 35mm cache" debate?

To place the 10,000 in a better perspective, Lynn has 387 active caches she's placed which is loads more than the finds I have or that most people have.  Congrats to a really nice lady who knows how to give to this sport and is a really nice person.  Alan :D

Didn't she archive most of her caches during the "Ammo box versus 35mm cache" debate?

I wouldn't characterize things that way at all. Those of us who are fortunate to call the CCCooperAgency our friends are very familiar with their cache hiding philosophy and history over the past year. CCCooper placed many "early" (2001-2002) caches to seed the area in a big circle around home base. This encouraged the growth of geocaching in southeast/southcentral Pennsylvania -- now, it's the most cache-dense area in the entire state. But many of those early caches had all been found by the locals and grew "old." Early virtual caches blocked large sections of the downtown areas in cities like Carlisle and Harrisburg, where creative microcaches could easily be placed. Thus, beginning in Spring 2004, old caches were retired to free up the area for new hides by a new generation of hiders. In addition, concerns regarding the ability to maintain caches a great distance from home were also noted. As a result, today we see a list of active CCCooper caches numbering approximately 70, mostly within a narrower maintainable distance. They are the best of the best, and I'm glad they're still around. Also included are some new hides, including a brand spanking new series of five fiendish micros.

I applaud CCCooper's unselfish motivation to "share the territory" by opening up parks and trails to fresh new cache hides. And since this is supposed to be a congratulations thread, I also applaud my friends' achievement of this unique milestone. It's been a privilege finding probably more than 100 caches in the company of CCCooperAgency, and finding dozens of their hidden caches. But the caching experience pales in comparison to the privilege of befriending a truly wonderful family.

I haven't met Lynn yet, but everyone I've talked to that has met her tells me what a wonderful person she is. One thing I have noticed about those in the top 10 or top 20 number of finds - some of these people may be very competitive and make a big deal over their numbers, but all of them keep it in perspective. To them geocaching is a game whose one goal is to have fun. That's right - have fun, not necessarily find caches. Some of them have told me that they sometimes have fun when they get a DNF :D.

Here's to Lynn - another 10000 "fun"s.

Edited by tozainamboku