Gpsmap60 Geocaching Options

If you have waypoints that have the geocaching icon a couple of things happen.

First when you are on the compass page you will have a found option. Selecting found changes the icon to your geocache found icon. Then at the end of the day you can look for the caches you found by selecting the found icon.

Second is that when you select found it will add the cache to the calendar in reverse order from the found order.

I'm new to this too and this information has been a great help. However, where do I find waypoints with the treasure chest icon? Are you saying that some of the caches on this sight have them and some don't. I've downloaded a couple of waypoints but when I transfer them to my handheld they go into "waypoints" instead of "geocaching".

You have to change the waypoint symbol to the geocaching icon (treasure chest) on your unit or save them as geocaching (treasure chest) icons on your mapsource software before downloading them. All geocaching (treasure chest) icons will show up when you use the "Find Geocache" menu of the "Find" page. Once found, you have to manually change them to the new icon (open treasure chest). The same with using Easy GPS software. You must change the icon to the little treasure chest (before downloading) if you want to use the Geocaching mode of the unit. The 60CS recognizes the treasure chest icon and automatically puts them in the proper folder for viewing in the "Find Geocaching" menu.

Edited by Alan Ellis