Great Hikes Around Aggasiz, Bc

dogbreathcanada

I have some friends that are going to be in Agassiz for a few days before they're off again to Morocco. I'm not familiar with Agassiz, but would like some help on finding a good hike, something that climaxes with a waterfall, a view, something environmentally stunning. A cache along the hike would be cool too.

Any tips out there from the Fraser Valley?

Edited by dogbreathcanada

The Campbell Lake hike is a nice. There's an old helipad near the top of the hike that overlooks Echo Island and Harrison Lake. The parking lot is the beginning point for Beyond The Stroll, but that cache is a multi to a completely different endpoint (this cache is actually a very nice walk/hike).

Be forewarned that the Campbell Lake hike is not a novice hike though, but the view is very rewarding.

They may want to hike up Mt Woodside just west of Agassiz and head for Intimidation Rock and The Wealthy Barber geocaches. It is mainly logging road hiking but there are some nice views to take in at both caches.

They may also want to go to the Bridal Falls area and try out some of the caches around there. A hike up to Take off Hoser would be another good hike with a fantastic view.

Hope this helps,

johnbarber

If you do the entire Sasquatch Stomp, there are several shorter hikes that add up to one hell of a long day of hiking. Great views at a couple, one on an interprative trail, and two along a trail that circles Hicks lake. Not exactly mountains, but great hikes nontheless.

BC Tripper :anicute:

The Campbell Lake hike is a nice. There's an old helipad near the top of the hike that overlooks Echo Island and Harrison Lake. The parking lot is the beginning point for Beyond The Stroll, but that cache is a multi to a completely different endpoint (this cache is actually a very nice walk/hike).

Be forewarned that the Campbell Lake hike is not a novice hike though, but the view is very rewarding.

I can't find a cache called Campbell Lake. Is this simply a hike, or a hike and cache you were describing? It sounds perfect, if there's a cache up there. :D

I don't know the name of the cache at campbell lake, but if you click on that Beyond The Stroll link and then run the search for Find All Nearby Caches, you'll get a good selection of hunts to follow. Almost anything outside of Harrison Hotsprings proper will give you a good hike, walk or scenery.

Just ran a check. Campbell lake is located at N49°17.257 W121°49.080 and the nearest cache listed is Beyond The Stroll...

The Campbell Lake hike is a nice.  There's an old helipad near the top of the hike that overlooks Echo Island and Harrison Lake.  The parking lot is the beginning point for Beyond The Stroll, but that cache is a multi to a completely different endpoint (this cache is actually a very nice walk/hike).

I can't find a cache called Campbell Lake. Is this simply a hike, or a hike and cache you were describing? It sounds perfect, if there's a cache up there. :D

Campbell Lake is simply a hike. The trailhead/parking lot for the beginning of the hike serves as part of a multi called Beyond the Stroll (you have to get info from the sign that has the logistics of the hike itself). Beyond the Stroll will also take you on a hike, but not nearly as gruelling as Campbell Lake.... and it has a nice secluded sandy beach along the way.

I don't know the name of the cache at campbell lake, but if you click on that Beyond The Stroll link and then run the search for Find All Nearby Caches, you'll get a good selection of hunts to follow. Almost anything outside of Harrison Hotsprings proper will give you a good hike, walk or scenery.

Just ran a check. Campbell lake is located at N49°17.257 W121°49.080 and the nearest cache listed is Beyond The Stroll...

I did, which is why I asked. I couldn't find anything near Campbell Lake, except for Beyond the Stroll.

The Campbell Lake hike is a nice.  There's an old helipad near the top of the hike that overlooks Echo Island and Harrison Lake.  The parking lot is the beginning point for Beyond The Stroll, but that cache is a multi to a completely different endpoint (this cache is actually a very nice walk/hike).

Campbell Lake is simply a hike. The trailhead/parking lot for the beginning of the hike serves as part of a multi called Beyond the Stroll (you have to get info from the sign that has the logistics of the hike itself). Beyond the Stroll will also take you on a hike, but not nearly as gruelling as Campbell Lake.... and it has a nice secluded sandy beach along the way.

Ah. Okay. Darn. Wanted to show them caching too. Sounded like a perfect hike, though. I like the grueling ones with the big reward at the end.

I think instead, we'll opt for the pleasant stroll and do most of the caches in Sasquatch P.P.

Thanks for all the information, everyone!!

I can confirm that the Sasquatch Stomp (http://www.geocaching.com/seek/nearest.asp...mp&submit4=Find) series of caches is an excellent day of caching. The entire series is expertly put together, the clues are put together with care and ingenuity, and the caches are well maintained.

If you start in the morning, at least around 10AM, the entire series can be done in a single day. We would have been able to do this, if it weren't for a mistake made during the Seabird Outlook leg of the hunt.

If you're in the Agassiz/Harrison Hot Springs/Sasquatch Provincial Park area, you should definitely give this series a try. You won't be disappointed. And even if you're not in the area, make plans to visit.

KUDOS to WAAS Up!