Bc Geocoin

Half-Canadian

As the OP of this thread, I will respond --

I was asked, as a member of the BCGA executive, to post this topic as a way to gauge interest in minting of a BC geocoin. I did not volunteer to oversee the development and production of these coins, nor do I have any interest in doing so.

Obviously, there is a lot of interest in this coin, and several months have gone by since my original post. Perhaps the BCGA president would like to post a note here to fill us all in on the current status of the coin so I can either lock the thread or leave it open.

Please do not send me any more emails directly inquiring about the coin -- I don't know any more than you do.

H-C

Perhaps the BCGA president would like to post a note here to fill us all in on the current status of the coin so I can either lock the thread or leave it open.

The BCGA has neither the resources nor interest in continuing to pursue a BC geocoin at this time, despite overwhelming feedback that there is a demand for it. We encourage other BC geocachers to organize creating a coin and wish them success with the endeavour.

Please feel free to lock this thread at your earliest convenience.

Perhaps the BCGA president would like to post a note here to fill us all in on the current status of the coin so I can either lock the thread or leave it open.

The BCGA has neither the resources nor interest in continuing to pursue a BC geocoin at this time, despite overwhelming feedback that there is a demand for it. We encourage other BC geocachers to organize creating a coin and wish them success with the endeavour.

Please feel free to lock this thread at your earliest convenience.

You could have relayed that information a lot earlier, could you have not? And maybe locked the thread?

And when you say the "BCGA has no interest", do you mean the BCGA executive? Or was the membership (such that it is) polled on the question?

Edited by dogbreathcanada