Bc Geocoin

Half-Canadian

I represent the recently formed, Utah Based COin Ordering Liaison "COOL" group. At present, we would like 51 of these coins. Please scratch my previous request for 3 coins, placed back in June, as my order will now be part of COOL. There are a few other Utah Cachers that previously made coin requests, who will also be part of the COOL order. They will each make their own note in this forum. Please contact me when ready to finalize orders for this coin edition.

Thanks,

Redwing_dave

The plans for the coin are underway. We have been hampered by several people being away for extended summer holidays, as well as the planning of our ABC's of Geocaching event this Saturday.

If there is anyone in BC who would like to help with the planning and production of this coin, please post a note. Your assistance would be appreciated!

H-C

We'd take 5 - It would be great to save 1 and share the rest in random caches during our travels out of the province. I like the idea of dating them with the year as was suggested earlier. This topic may come up again in a few years and it would be nice to differentiate between the different vintage of BC Coins... perhaps this is over-optimistic, but it's good to pre-plan for success!

The plans for the coin are underway.  We have been hampered by several people being away for extended summer holidays, as well as the planning of our ABC's of Geocaching event this Saturday.

If there is anyone in BC who would like to help with the planning and production of this coin, please post a note.  Your assistance would be appreciated!

H-C

Are you making any progress in the design phase?

Hello all,

Here is a little update. We have a preliminary design worked out and are working on the specifics of the design. We are contacting mints to work on prices and options. The response for the coin has been overwhelming and I hope we can produce a coin that people will be pleased with.

The preliminary design includes a picture of the province, our flower and a British Columbia landmark. This is of course subject to change if the mint has problems with it, but I hope we can make it happen. We don't have the artwork done up in a digital form yet to display. The process is a long one as other people know who have designed coins.

We haven't forgotten about it and will post info as we have it. Hope this answers a few questions.

Cheers! <_<