Garmin Street Pilot 111

excop1313

I was out riding around Today, using My SP111, had some Cordninates with Me, and came real close to some cache.

I will buy a Garmin hand held Tomorrow.

Was just wondering, can The Street Pilot 111, find the Cache. (battery life is really low on this model)

As You can tell I am new, But very interested.

I remember discussing the Street Pilot III with Garmin on the phone a while back, and being told that the SPIII did not have any off-road navigation features or screens. This would make it very hard to use for Geocaching. Anyone know if that's true?

--

Scott Johnson (ScottJ)

I don't know if it's true, but for off road use you need accurate trails and the like. I've dadgum near gotten lost when the forest service comes along and shuts down some logging road and leaves others open. It makes it a maze.

Accurate topo's that have trails that are marked with routing info like City Select would be the ticket. I can hear the $ signs racking up...

Wherever you go there you are.

I just got a Garmin V and find it really handy using the road routing feature to drive to the site, then switch it to the off-road feature for the walking/hiking portion. Battery life on the Garmin V is 20-25 hours; on the Street Pilot III, I've heard a minimum of 2 hours.