Gps Drawings

This topic has come up before (I can't seem to locate it). Here are some samples of some pretty cool GPSr-art.

I canoe a lot and, in lakes, it's interesting to watch you boat-track-breadcrumbs; they sometimes are arty.

I keep telling myself I'm going to try to paddle a perfect circle someday, without watching the track screen. Then I'll add two eyes and a smile and log it as an art cache. :laughing::ph34r:

I hid a cache about a year ago called GPS Art where you're led around a very large parking lot collecting numbers off of light poles.

When you're finished with all 31 waypoints you have enough info to go find the cache, as well as a picture on your GPS. I've asked people to upload images of their track logs.

Here's one of the better ones someone uploaded:

9eddada4-1db5-4122-94d0-07e94028ba4c.jpg

Here's my best effort so far: ...

You need a plan and a really, really big playing field to get any kind of detail.

I can't see it.

Of course, I usually can see the young woman, but not the old one and I can never see anything in thosae posters where you squint at them until the hidden pic pops out or your eyes do.

Here's my best effort so far: ...

You need a plan and a really, really big playing field to get any kind of detail.

I can't see it.

Of course, I usually can see the young woman, but not the old one and I can never see anything in thosae posters where you squint at them until the hidden pic pops out or your eyes do.

Really? I see it, its a weasel!

louis01.gif

"This drawing was made by walking in a straight line along the beach with Louis, the dog with attached GPSr, over-willingly retrieving an object being thrown in alternating directions. The same action was repeated along a parrellel path on the way back. The shape is about 850 metres long."

From the same site. I think this is so cool where you have the design being drawn by cooperative effort by dog and man... :P

GeoForse

edited to figure out the image thing.

Edited by GeoForse