Tb Misery

Joypa

I think I'll make a new TB...Need the cooperation of cache hiders. Have every new cache fitted (and older caches retrofitted) with some sort of electronic "base". If the new electronic TB (still to be invented) is not placed within a foot of one of these bases within 2 weeks, it emits an earshattering screech at 2 minute intervals until placed. That should do it...

Or maybe a lock to lock TBs in a cache...The taker has to swipe his/her credit card to unlock the lock...TB not moved within 2 weeks? The lock sends a signal to Groundspeak to order a new set of TB dog tags to be delievered to you every week with their CC number until TB placed.

Or maybe I'm just going a little overboard here...Maybe we should just admit that there are people who suck at being human beings and they deserve to be impaled by a toilet plunger left sticking out of a toilet, but probably won't. They will just keep your TB and continue being doo-doo heads.

You know who you are: Put the freakin' TB in a cache, will ya. You've been holding it way too long. :ph34r:

Can't be one of your's you are talking about, is it?!?!?

Looks like you only have 1 of six Tbs missing, the the other 5 have all had activity in the last 6 weeks...not bad at all!!

Ed

You know who you are: Put the freakin' TB in a cache, will ya. You've been holding it way too long. :ph34r:

Can't be one of your's you are talking about, is it?!?!?

Looks like you only have 1 of six Tbs missing, the the other 5 have all had activity in the last 6 weeks...not bad at all!!

Ed

Yeah, I'm talking about mine. So?

I have five out there and four are in someone's hands---Two are going on six weeks. All are now over the recommended two weeks. One is gone for good.

I'm not too upset about it but I would never hold someone's bug for six weeks (go ahead and check). Please, Ed, stay away from my bugs. :D

I once found a cloth bag of TBs about 30-40 ft from a cache, buried under some rocks. Thought I had found the cache, except all I had was four TBs. Seems they had gone missing several months before. All have gone back into the wild. Wish I could say that for my first 2. One is on a mountain, in an area banned by the park rangers and the other disappeared in Sinking Springs cache. I guess that's appropriate!

Joypa,

This is going to be a long rant.

I feel your pain. I share your pain. I have been wanting to start a thread like this for some time. I placed my 12 yr old son's 2 TB's in my inaugural caches on 3/1/05 and they were taken the very next day by someone who I consider to be a regular and fairly seasoned GC'er in the area. He has had them ever since. He has NEVER contacted us directly. I have emailed him on three separate occasions to ask for an update. He responded twice. The most recent was 2 weeks ago. He replied that he was having problems getting to a PC to access his GC account. Nevermind that he is a military person with access to high-speed Internet at the Base Library everyday of the work week. Since that "excuse" he has logged on 3 times to the site with no discernable activity (and, yes, I am tracking this guys activities because this is beginning to grind on me.) Also, he has in his possession 10 other TB's that he has had for over 14 weeks (see what neat and useful stats you can find out if you just look?). One of the 10 TB's has been in his possesion since August of LAST FREAKIN YEAR! When I saw that I figured that my son's TB's are doomed. Does he own any TB's of his own? No. He seems to be a TB Groupie and hangs onto a set of TBs for the express purpose of having them to pass around at Geo Events. Why does this grind on me? Because he doesn't follow the guidelines as set down by geocaching.com. Because he is neither helping the TB's on their mission nor simply putting them back into the wild. Because he has taken away some of the fun and joy that is the basis of geocaching. Because my son can't understand why someone would do this and not "play the game". Because he offers up lame excuses for not moving them on. Because, because, because, because - because of all the stupid things he does (sorry a little Wizard of OZ moment) I wish that gc.com had a mechanism in place that would prevent a person from logging finds until they had a "clear" status on the TB's in their possession. A clear status would be - less than 14 days old, 14 days or older with a note posted stating the current status or intent, or a successful drop into a cache. And for those who say "well what if the person lost it and can't log it back in?" I say, THE PERSON SHOULD CONTACT THE OWNER AND REPORT IT MISSING. Work something out. If he would tell me he lost them then I would deactivate them and put them in the graveyard. But, he admits he still has them in his possession. All other excuses just lay there. If you can't help a TB and are so infrequent of a cacher that you aren't going to be back out for a month - Don't take the TB in the first place. There is no requirement to grab a TB from a cache. Unless, of course, you are just trying to build your hit count. The previous poster is right. The people that do this are probably the ones that don't read the forums. There. Over and out.

Joypa,

This is going to be a long rant.

I feel your pain. I share your pain. I have been wanting to start a thread like this for some time. I placed my 12 yr old son's 2 TB's in my inaugural caches on 3/1/05 and they were taken the very next day by someone who I consider to be a regular and fairly seasoned GC'er in the area. He has had them ever since. He has NEVER contacted us directly. I have emailed him on three separate occasions to ask for an update. He responded twice. The most recent was 2 weeks ago. He replied that he was having problems getting to a PC to access his GC account. Nevermind that he is a military person with access to high-speed Internet at the Base Library everyday of the work week. Since that "excuse" he has logged on 3 times to the site with no discernable activity (and, yes, I am tracking this guys activities because this is beginning to grind on me.) Also, he has in his possession 10 other TB's that he has had for over 14 weeks (see what neat and useful stats you can find out if you just look?). One of the 10 TB's has been in his possesion since August of LAST FREAKIN YEAR! When I saw that I figured that my son's TB's are doomed. Does he own any TB's of his own? No. He seems to be a TB Groupie and hangs onto a set of TBs for the express purpose of having them to pass around at Geo Events. Why does this grind on me? Because he doesn't follow the guidelines as set down by geocaching.com. Because he is neither helping the TB's on their mission nor simply putting them back into the wild. Because he has taken away some of the fun and joy that is the basis of geocaching. Because my son can't understand why someone would do this and not "play the game". Because he offers up lame excuses for not moving them on. Because, because, because, because - because of all the stupid things he does (sorry a little Wizard of OZ moment) I wish that gc.com had a mechanism in place that would prevent a person from logging finds until they had a "clear" status on the TB's in their possession. A clear status would be - less than 14 days old, 14 days or older with a note posted stating the current status or intent, or a successful drop into a cache. And for those who say "well what if the person lost it and can't log it back in?" I say, THE PERSON SHOULD CONTACT THE OWNER AND REPORT IT MISSING. Work something out. If he would tell me he lost them then I would deactivate them and put them in the graveyard. But, he admits he still has them in his possession. All other excuses just lay there. If you can't help a TB and are so infrequent of a cacher that you aren't going to be back out for a month - Don't take the TB in the first place. There is no requirement to grab a TB from a cache. Unless, of course, you are just trying to build your hit count. The previous poster is right. The people that do this are probably the ones that don't read the forums. There. Over and out.

I sympathize with your situation. Still waiting.....