Gps And Vehicle Poll

After reading several posts about "which GPS to use", it seems there are some geocachers fiercely loyal to a particular GPS manufacturer, much like the eternal Ford/Chevy/Dodge/Delorian (ok, that last one doesn't come up much) debate that is forever waged, especially here in the South, where you are only as worthy as your pickup. Anyhoo...

This got me thinking, and forgive me if there is a similar post out there, maybe there is a correlation! Post your brand of GPS and vehicle here...

If you are loyal to the brand, state, otherwise, just say its what you could get, etc...

I drive a Chevy Silverado, and I use a Garmin eTrex Legend. Loyal to Chevy, loyal to Garmin.

I drive a 2003 Honda CRV. I purchased my first new car in 1979, a Honda Accord. Since then I've owned a 1979 Honda Civic (used), 1985 Civic, 1989 Civic and a 1995 Civic. I guess that tells you where my brand loyalty lies as far as automobiles.

For GPS, I own an Garmin 60CS, a Garmin Vista and my wife has a Garmin Geko 201. I also owned a Garmin Legend.

Drive a venerable old LandRover Series IIA (1963) - wouldn't change it for the world!!!!

Use a Magellan GPS315 and a Compaq iPAQ 3630 with a Navman GPS3100 sleeve, using BeeLine GPS software.

Edited by Azaruk

We use a Garmin Etrex Legend, and I like it. I got it as part of a safety award from the company I work for, and it's the only GPS I have any experience with...although, since my Dad has taken an interest in geocaching, I'll probably hook him up with a 60cs, since it would be a little easier for him to read.

I drive a 2001 Dodge Quad Cab...love the truck, hate the gas mileage! My wife's car is a '98 Toyota Camry...better mileage, less space and more terrain sensitive!

We started caching in our 1998 Dodge Neon and then bought a 2003 blue Dodge Dakota Quad cab Sport, which is our primary caching vehicle now.

Our first GPSr was a Garmin GPS III that I loaned out from work. We then upgraded to a Garmin eTrex Vista. We also have a Garmin foretrex 201 for those low-profile caches. :huh:

Hi All-

3 car garage-

2000 Jeep Wrangler (my baby- my first new vehicle)

2001 Volkswagon Jetta (my commuter-- easier on tires / gas than my wrangler)

2002 Jeep Liberty (my wife's grocery getter-- but we are looking to replace this with a Ford Expedition-- need some more room as we have a new baby on the way!)

1 GPSr-

Garmin eTrex Legend-- First GPSr and I am very happy with this

EDIT-

After posting I realized my aviator / forum title probably gives away my vehicle preference...

Edited by CW Iams

I am am avid Garmin user. I started with a Geko and quickly upgraded to the 60CS. I have to admit that I am more loyal to Apple Computer and wish someone would make software as great for the Mac as exists for the PC.

I drive a 1996 Toyota Carolla. It is great for commuting and most of the terrain in suburban Chicago. Before that I drove a 1990 Carolla. When this one dies, I would like to continue with the Carolla, if they make a hybrid before my current car dies.