Saving Cache Details Offline

bobafett

hi, does anyone know if it is possible to save the page displaying the cache description, coordinates, hints ect. offline? I have a laptop and am going on vacation and would like to access these pages in the car . I know I can print them out but most of them will never be used and its a waste of paper. I tried "print screen" but it only captures what is visible. I want to review the whole page.

Become a premium member ($3 per month) and use Pocket Queries to build a file of caches you want to visit. Download the GPX file into Geocaching Swiss Army Knife (software off of the resource page). And you will be all set with "offfline" data!

Oversimplfied here maybe but it is easy.

I do this fairly often so try this: If you want hints, first decrypt them. Then go to the print-friendly version of a cache page. In your web browser (I'm using Firefox), go to File, then Save Page As. Use Text Files as the file type and give the file a name. I use the GCXXXX identifier as a name. Procedure should be similar in IE. Then you can get the cache's data from the text file. I go through the text file and get rid of extraneous descriptions, leaving the bare minimum data for a cache, and print out 3 cache descriptions on one page. Saves paper.