Ftf Procedure

dblrngr

I have searched under FTF but did not find the answer I was looking for. Hopefully someone can help me. I am getting ready to place my first cache and want to put in a FTF prize. Am I suppose to say on the cache page that there is a FTF prize, and if so, am I suppose to say what it is..... or does it not make a difference....just a personal preference?

thanks for the help !!

I have searched under FTF but did not find the answer I was looking for. Hopefully someone can help me. I am getting ready to place my first cache and want to put in a FTF prize. Am I suppose to say on the cache page that there is a FTF prize, and if so, am I suppose to say what it is..... or does it not make a difference....just a personal preference?

thanks for the help !!

I only have 3 caches out there, but my impression is it is totally up to the owner if they want to do a FTF prize and whether or not they want to say there's one on the cache page or even if they want to say what it is. Some cachers do and some don't. Sometimes they just have one fairly nice trade item they think will go fast, sometimes they don't put anything extra special in it. I usually put in a FTF prize, and then say what it is on the cache page. My thinking is this: if it's a nice prize, maybe it will induce someone to jump on it fast! I hope that this helps and you could figure out what I mean with all this rambling! hehehe :)

It's totally up to the cache hider what they want to do. I've found some that were never mentioned in the description, which I thought was a cool idea. That way it's not a mad dash because everyone wants the item. I actually have started leaving second to find prizes in my caches. Why should the first person always be rewarded? :P

I have also heard of people getting a $50 ftf prize! Sheesh, the person is more flush than I am! I could never afford to leave $50 in a cache! But I have left things...ftf and stf prizes that people seemed to like. My first cache as an example: I crochet, and I had made these really nice lace bookmarks. I left 2 in the cache for the prizes. The last one I just put out had a store-bought Tweety key ring as ftf prize...it fit the theme of the cache. :laughing:

Thanks so much for the info. I'm ready for my first hide... and the first one in my town.... July 1st is the date. I'm soooo excited. Thanks to everyone for being patient with me and all the "noob questions" I put out there. I'm thinkin I'm kinda liking this huge group of people....

Here's hoping ... Nothing But... Good LucK... oh - by the way.. my sig item is a key ring that is exactly like my avatar... and will be part of my FTF...

I am getting ready to place my first cache and want to put in a FTF prize.

As someone has said, the opportunity to be FTF is all that's needed to get cachers to hurry to your cache. I doubt an FTF prize will change that. But, if you think it will then obviously you will have to announce it in the cache description for anyone to know about it.

If you're trying to stir-up action, then adding third and fourth and fifth to find prizes at the appropriate times later will do more good.

Edited by Thot
I have found FTF prizes, and being the FTF is the prize. Either way it is your cache, and you can do as you see fit. I might mention there is a prize, but I wouldnt tell what it is.

I have found only one ftf but was the second to log the cache.Most cachers just want to be ftf.I placed a First second and third place trophy in my puzzle cache but did not mention them in the discription.Got some cool comments on them and the third to find even posted a pic. of his trophy.But this was a 12 part puzzle that takes the cacher about 30 miles to find all the pieces to the puzzle so it was just a little extra bonus for the first 3 cachers.